Need 9mm ammo?

Just went to North Shore firearms today in Middleton. They had a whole bunch of 100rd winchester white box available for 29.96/bx. I picked up three, all I could afford. I'm not really sure what other ammo they had, didn't check [thinking]

3 months ago that ammo was $19.97/box at Walmart. [frown]

It still is. Walpole had some the other day.

Also got a 100pk of Remington 9mm hollow points for $23.

All the local gun stores are jacking ammo prices to the point where I just cant justify buying from them anymore...

Walmart buys direct from Winchester. Gun shops buy from Distributors. Walmart sells ammo for less than we buy it for! The distributors are all sold out and when it does come in, it's at a premium price. Things are so bad that the sales people are allotted limited amounts of ammo and guns. Now they are pulling this; I'll give you an AR and some ammo if you also buy this, this and that. It really sucks right now.

i may be making a roadtrip to FDF as it seems they are the only folks who have any 9mm, i should have bought more when i was at FS before easter.

i want to shoot my beretta again and as of now it's the only one of my guns my girlfriend doesn't mind shooting so this shortage is killing me at a time when she said to me yesterday she is CONSIDERING getting her license! (sure i offered to pay for every red cent surrounding it--but she said it! [party2])

damn ammo shortage.

I was at FDF last night...they still had some 9mm...actually they had some of just about everything, if I recall. It'll go fast, though.

All the local gun stores are jacking ammo prices to the point where I just cant justify buying from them anymore...

Then don't, get yourself a dealer license, pay the $30,000 buy in or whatever it is to get the "good prices" and buy factory direct. No one forces you to buy anything at a dealer, but there is a good chance they might what you are looking for whereas if you walk into Walmart you're lucky to find anything other than Blazer Brass 9mm. I can't remember the last time i saw a decent supply of WWB at Walmart in Danvers.

On top of that, you can't quote walmart prices unless they actually have it in stock. Anyone can read the price tags of what WWB should, ask them when the last time they had some of the calibers/vairants they "sell." One of the guys I know that works there says some of the stuff they haven't seen in months but still keep the price tags out.

Walmart is like the internet, don't always believe what you read.

Anyone know how the stock is in the walmarts in northern NH? are they out of stock like the walmarts down here. I will be heading up and wondering if its worth my time to stop in and check.

[iwojima]

Just went to North Shore firearms today in Middleton. They had a whole bunch of 100rd winchester white box available for 29.96/bx. I picked up three, all I could afford. I'm not really sure what other ammo they had, didn't check [thinking]

Got notices from both Midway and Natchez that .45Win Mag is now available. If anyone is looking, it is temporarily available.[grin]

Ammo

Went to FDF last night and picked up some White Box 9mm 100 Rd. They seemed to have a little bit of everything. Dennis has a nice shop going there. You should stop in a give him a try.

Then don't, get yourself a dealer license, pay the $30,000 buy in or whatever it is to get the "good prices" and buy factory direct. No one forces you to buy anything at a dealer, but there is a good chance they might what you are looking for whereas if you walk into Walmart you're lucky to find anything other than Blazer Brass 9mm. I can't remember the last time i saw a decent supply of WWB at Walmart in Danvers.

On top of that, you can't quote walmart prices unless they actually have it in stock. Anyone can read the price tags of what WWB should, ask them when the last time they had some of the calibers/vairants they "sell." One of the guys I know that works there says some of the stuff they haven't seen in months but still keep the price tags out.

Walmart is like the internet, don't always believe what you read.

I'll pass on the $30K license and just continue buying from Walmart....my local one has what I need 9 out of 10 times I go.

I don't understand why people get in a huff when they hear people shop there rather than with the local guy. Do people also go out of their way to buy their guns from the dealer who prices them the highest? Doesn't make sense to me...

I'd rather shoot blazer brass then WWB, heh.

Collectors had a ton of UMC 9mm. I bought a case, then came back 2 days later to buy a few more cases.. GONE!

[sad2]

I'll pass on the $30K license and just continue buying from Walmart....my local one has what I need 9 out of 10 times I go.

I don't understand why people get in a huff when they hear people shop there rather than with the local guy. Do people also go out of their way to buy their guns from the dealer who prices them the highest? Doesn't make sense to me...

I'll be the first to admit, I don't buy ammo at the dealer unless I have to. Why? It's called capitalism. I buy ammo where it's cheap and they have what I need.

Firearms are a whole nother story. If Walmart still sold firearms, despite probably having better prices, I still wouldn't buy. Imagine walking into Walmart with a firearm you are having a problem? I don't think so. Not in this communist state. Dealers offer a level of service on firearm transactions that is unparalleled to anywhere else.

Repeat after me:

Make your own!

Make your own!

Make your own!

Make your own!

Get into reloading ASAP

Did someone say reload?
Yep, the way to go!! I was buying new primed 9mm brass @ .06 each a year ago, still have 200. 124gr cast lead were $19.00 per 500, 115gr fmj, 22.00 per 500, 135gr hp at .06 ea. I'm sitting on 1000 RNL, 1000 115gr FMJ, 400 135gr PHP. Powder and primers are real cheap. I've got 3# W231, 1# W296, 3# Unique. 2000 sm pistol primers and 1000 sm magnum sm pistol primers. XTP's, 95gr++++.
I know it is easy for a guy w/ all the tools to say start reloading, but you can set up w/ a single stage press kit and a few extras for $150.00. I still use my single stage and load for 16 rifle and 6 pistol calibers. Same press for the last 16 years. I can reload start to finish 300 cartridges in an evening. A relaxing evening.

None left when I went to get some...just got back [sad]. Also hit dicks in Saugus and Danvers, none, and Collectors (Stoneham), none, and North Shore Firearms (Middleton), none. bad day.

None left when I went to get some...just got back [sad]. Also hit dicks in Saugus and Danvers, none, and Collectors (Stoneham), none, and North Shore Firearms (Middleton), none. bad day.

That is crazy. 2.5 hours and nothing is there.[thinking] There were 25-30 boxes after I bought three of them. I have gone in there everyday for the past two weeks, and this is the first time I saw anything in 9mm.

I usually make the same stops as you 2-3 times a week and it gets frustrating when there is nothing.

That is crazy. 2.5 hours and nothing is there.[thinking] There were 25-30 boxes after I bought three of them. I have gone in there everyday for the past two weeks, and this is the first time I saw anything in 9mm.

I usually make the same stops as you 2-3 times a week and it gets frustrating when there is nothing.

You should have seen my face when I looked at the walmart shelves. I took a pic of the shelves and posted in the Walmart thread - also the sign limiting ammo purchases.

Back
Top Bottom