Navy Firearms Training Film

The Marine video taught me the right procedure to sling a rifle. And, now the WASR feels better slung on my back!

+1 rep for Matthew!

Last edited:
Matthew Temkin

I want to welcome Matt to Northeastshooters. He is one of the foremost Point Shooting instructors in the country. Matt and I have been discussing having him do a class sometime this summer. He can offer either a one day or a two day class, but seems to prefer tyhe one day format

Thanks for the welcome.
After SouthNarc's class I will be at the Harvard Sportsman's Club where I will be doing some point shooting presentations for MLEFIAA.
Actually I like the real old school flashlight technique--where both you and your partner are behind cover and you use his light beam to peg your shots into the bad guy.
A lot of the "modern" flashlight techniques--where the light is centered in your body--scare the %^$& out of me because people tend to shoot at the light source.
As to the Israeli draw--I agree that one should have round chambered, but it does make an excellent failure to fire technique.

Last edited:
not my choice of technique for flashlight, shotgun=good, revolver=good use of cover= horrible, technique could get someone seriously injured, pistol wasnt bad except for reloading technique

Last edited:
I have tried a number of flash light techniques. When I first was taught the Harries technique, I did not like it. At Gunsite they taught both Harries and Surefire. After 1 string of fire using the Surefire technique, I was back to the Harries.

Now I have standarrdized on principally Harries and Neck Index.

The last time I counted there are over 50 ways to hold a light and none of them are perfect. What is important is not so much how you hold the light, but how you use the light. Remember the drill is "Light on-Light off and move.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom