Nashoba Sportsman's Club

What do you mean by 'having a hell of a time getting to Westford'? I'd be happy to show you around sometime.

What do you mean by 'having a hell of a time getting to Westford'? I'd be happy to show you around sometime.

I've done everything but the general meeting where you get voted in. I work out of town and every time theres a meeting, I'm on the road. It's been like that all summer and will continue until the end of the year. Its a drag, because I really like the place, but theres nothing I can do about it. My guns have been unfortunately silent since May. What do you think?

Have you tried asking the E-board if there's anything they can do to help you out? They're reasonable people, and I'm sure this isn't the first time this has come up.

BIG GUN: Harvard is indeed an awesome club and I'll likely join there eventually. There's something to be said for the club being 10 minutes from home instead of 30. That's why I joined Westford first.

What about Shirley? If you can get an application and a check to me, I can bring it to a meeting and get you in; you need not be present. You can click on the "Membership" link to get an application.

Have you tried asking the E-board if there's anything they can do to help you out? They're reasonable people, and I'm sure this isn't the first time this has come up.

BIG GUN: Harvard is indeed an awesome club and I'll likely join there eventually. There's something to be said for the club being 10 minutes from home instead of 30. That's why I joined Westford first.
I live in Westford and it is exactly six mi. [15 min.] to the club for me.
There are some shortcuts!

When I joined Westford, I on purposely changed some major travel plans so that I could be sure to make that once-a-month meeting rather than have to wait another month. Its a great club.

I hear terrific things about Harvard but that's somewhat further for me, and the odds of me regularly practicing go up in direct proportion to how close the range is. That said, I avoided even closer ranges in favor of Westford, despite its distance.

When I joined Westford, I on purposely changed some major travel plans so that I could be sure to make that once-a-month meeting rather than have to wait another month. Its a great club.

I hear terrific things about Harvard but that's somewhat further for me, and the odds of me regularly practicing go up in direct proportion to how close the range is. That said, I avoided even closer ranges in favor of Westford, despite its distance.

I wish it were that simple. My professional life takes place on the road, and there isn't any rescheduling it. I've emailed everyone I can think of, and I've gotten nothing but silence. I'm bummed out, since I really like it there. So I'm gonna have to look at other places to go.

Oh well, sorry to hear that. I've only been there one year, am not really known by anyone and otherwise have no way to try to call in any favors.

XTAV750, assuming you are referring to Westford, Jim Conway is a member at Westford and can be found there shooting on Sunday afternoons. Ken Maurer (Mod here) is on their BOD or an officer.

Back
Top Bottom