N.H. non resident LTC

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
It arrived today......I am one happy guy

Has anyone else experienced a LONG delay in renewal of their New Hampshire non resident LTC? I sent mine in Jan 09 and have yet to receive my renewal. In the past turn around was two weeks.

The voice mail message at public safety states there is a 7 week delay due to high volume. OUCH....

I did speak with a very nice person who stated they are swamped due to demand. Just curious if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

Last edited:
Yes others have had the same issue. They are a bit behind. Not sure if it's a demand issue or if they have lost people who normally process them.

You know what would be nice is, if you have a Ma LTC-A, if you could drive upto say a major town, Manchester, Nashua, Portsmouth, Concord,ect. Go to where they issue the permits for residents, and hand in the paperwork, let them copy your license, make 2 simple calls, one to the CHSB, one to the NICS, if you get a good to go on both, they type it up, and off you go, done. Kind of like a fishing license. I would even be willing to pay $40 for the fee, if they could institute some thing like that. Of course those who mail theirs in, goes straight to Concord, but for walk ins, why not at a state police barracks, since it is all under the same department.

Sorry I was just thinking out, I will go now and click my heels three times, ...............

You know what would be nice is, if you have a Ma LTC-A, if you could drive upto say a major town, Manchester, Nashua, Portsmouth, Concord,ect. Go to where they issue the permits for residents, and hand in the paperwork, let them copy your license, make 2 simple calls, one to the CHSB, one to the NICS, if you get a good to go on both, they type it up, and off you go, done. Kind of like a fishing license. I would even be willing to pay $40 for the fee, if they could institute some thing like that. Of course those who mail theirs in, goes straight to Concord, but for walk ins, why not at a state police barracks, since it is all under the same department.

Sorry I was just thinking out, I will go now and click my heels three times, ...............

The problem with going through any local town is you could end up getting red and green towns like in Mass.
I had an out of non resident NH for years before moving to NH and once I moved and had to apply to the local PD. It wasn't a problem at all but I am not sure if all cities and towns are going to be green.
Having the state do it is the best way even though there is a longer wait. I know they are getting flooded with applications now. Hang in there it will come. When I talked to the woman there years ago I said well that seems pretty easy and she said "Yeah we feel if you got one in Mass you already got all the grief and aggrivation you need" We both laughed at that.

Back
Top Bottom