• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mystic Valley Gun Club

Just wondering if Mystic Valley still does orientation on the third Thursday of the month. I am defintly interested in joining. Ive back read some posts from years ago just wondering if anything has changed? What do i need to bring with me? How long does it usually last? Any info is greatly appreciated.... thanks

http://mysticvalleygunclub.com/join/ has all the details about joining. It wasn't overly complicated, sit through a reading of the highlights of the rules, do a safe handling / shooting exercise (I recall picking up and clearing a firearm, safely transferring it from the back counter to the pistol stall, engaging a target at like 21 feet and some random score requirement, safely transfer it back to the back counter).

Just wondering if Mystic Valley still does orientation on the third Thursday of the month. I am defintly interested in joining. Ive back read some posts from years ago just wondering if anything has changed? What do i need to bring with me? How long does it usually last? Any info is greatly appreciated.... thanks

Might be joining with you. closest range to me

What about aluminum i bought a few boxes of cheap blazer aluminum but i dont wanna break any rules considering i just became a member... plus the the barrel for shells when i clean up says "brass only"??

I used to shoot steel too - why would it be bad?

It's not bad, they're ok rounds I shoot steel and other crappy rounds all sometimes.. But they're cheap.

I've shot steel there for years including the friday night shoots.

Not sure where LukeIronSight got his information, but if it's not in the actual range rules, you're good to go.

So there was no information provided by me. So I don't know what you're talking about.

What about aluminum i bought a few boxes of cheap blazer aluminum but i dont wanna break any rules considering i just became a member... plus the the barrel for shells when i clean up says "brass only"??

Like I said all casings are "allowed"
You can dump them there, but it's frowned upon, because they have different pricing when recycled, soooo, usually someone has to sort them out. They prefer only brass to be dumped in the bucket.
That's why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not bad, they're ok rounds I shoot steel and other crappy rounds all sometimes.. But they're cheap.

So there was no information provided by me. So I don't know what you're talking about.

You can dump them there, but it's frowned upon, because they have different pricing when recycled, soooo, usually someone has to sort them out. They prefer only brass to be dumped in the bucket.
That's why.

You said shooting non brass was frowned upon.... who told you that pearl of wisdom because, like I said, I've shot there for years and haven't heard that.

And who really cares if someone has to sort the casings. It's free ****ing money for the club. What would they do if everyone started taking their brass?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You said shooting non brass was frowned upon.... who told you that pearl of wisdom because, like I said, I've shot there for years and haven't heard that.

And who really cares if someone has to sort the casings. It's free ****ing money for the club. What would they do if everyone started taking their brass?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My guy.. No one is gonna say anything to you. It's just simply frowned upon.

Why do you leave your brass if it's free money ?

Last edited:
My guy.. No one is gonna say anything to you. It's just simply frowned upon.

Why do you leave your brass if it's free money ?

Your Guy? Not willing to name drop?

Stop trying to scare potential members and cost everyone more money by making them think brass ammo is required.

Until it's an actual rule for the club, distributing false information "is frowned upon".

That's why.

You're both right.

All case types are allowed. Steel, aluminum, even plastic. If it were a club that actually cared about money then yes the recycler would pay more for straight brass rather than brass mixed with steel and aluminum, but as far as I know nobody bothers to sort brass anymore and nobody has done so in a long time. The current board doesn't care about money - if it takes 5 minutes of work they'll just pay someone else's over-inflated rates to do it. (Your dues dollars at work. Mine too since I'm still a member for the moment.)

TL/DR: Shoot all the aluminum and steel that you want and dump it wherever you feel like. The contents of the brass bucket will get sold as mixed metal scrap anyway.

Your Guy? Not willing to name drop?

Stop trying to scare potential members and cost everyone more money by making them think brass ammo is required.

Until it's an actual rule for the club, distributing false information "is frowned upon".

I was calling you my guy, get it ? Like dude, bro, man, sir.
You truly don't comprehend anything I say well, do you ?

I'm not scaring anyone you idiot, you're the only one taking everything I say out of context.
ALL CASES ARE ALLOWED ! I'm assuming you miss that ?
Did you miss the part that I said I shoot all cases myself ?
No one cares what casing is left in the barrel.

Can any members confirm that the new member night for this month is this coming thursday? If so are any prospective or current members going to be there? I'm hoping to find a sponsor and join this thursday.

i believe it is this Thursday (3rd Thursday of the month) i joined last month. Don't worry about having a sponsor, i didn't have one either. Nice place, open 24/7... you get your own key card so you can come and go as you please. Last month there was 20-25 new members there. Any other questions feel free to ask

Awesome thanks. It's pistol only right? Are rimfire files, aka a 10/22 allowed? And what about drawing from holster?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

The website is not working for me - Can anyone confirm the start time tomorrow for new member meeting? Is it 7pm or 8pm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It starts at 7:00.... But get there early to fill out the application. Last month there was 20+ people there joining. I'd say get there at 6:30ish...

Hats off to the new webmaster. Great work.

Back
Top Bottom