My Uncles WW2 War Trophy Luftwaffe Drilling & Schnellfeuer

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Wow, can you believe Zappa actually started a thread about guns [shocked]

I'll start by quoting myself from another thread in 2014:

F'ing scumbag!!

Cops aren't the only ones who pull this kind of crap, firefighters and EMT's have been known to do this too.
My uncle had a fire in his home back in the 70's, the FD saved the house, but lot's of stuff came up missing afterwards, such as my aunts jewelry, and my uncles guns, which included his WWII trophies of a nazi officers Drilling and a Schnellfeur.
He couldn't report the Schnellfeur missing because he didn't have the proper NFA paperwork for it, so somebody out there has an "undocumented" Schnellfeur.

A video came up on my feed about the fabled Drilling.
This has got to be the gun my uncle showed me when I was about 10 years old.
After seeing this video, I now know how rare they are, only 2500 ever made.
This would be like a crown jewel in someones collection, too bad it's not my collection.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANdKiodm5W0

I never saw the Schnellfeuer, but it was describe as a Broomhandle variant, most likely an M712, with the wooden shoulder stock holster.

The story of how my uncle acquired these guns is pretty interesting too, and I'm likely the last person alive who heard it as told by my uncle himself.
When I'm gone, the story will be lost to history.
(technically that's not true, it'll live on within the pages of NES, and the highly secured PRISM data storage facility run by the NSA)

Anyway, my uncle served in the US army in WW2, achieving the rank of Captain by the wars end.
He saw combat in Europe and scored a few kills, told me about the German he cut in half from his nuts to his neck with a M1 Thompson.
But for most of his service he had a horseshoe up his ass, his stories would leave you LOFL, he always seemed to show up at the right time in the right place, and come out smelling like a rose.
In the last few days before the end of the war, my uncles unit rolled into a village, and some German Luftwaffe officer comes walking towards them, out of a field of tall grass, with his hands raised, yelling something in German. He was surrendering. They took him into custody and obviously took his weapons away. He had the Drilling (no case), the Schnellfeuer, and a Luger on him, plus a pair of swords (non matching) with nazi markings. My uncle didn't get the Luger or the guys gold watch, but he did get the swords and the other guns. (which all disappeared in the house fire)
They interrogated him and learned that the guy was happy as hell to be surrendering to the Americans, he was scared sh*tless that the Russians were going to find him first.
So those guns and swords are out there somewhere, unless some douche dropped them off at a buyback.

Last edited:
My former co-worker George Johanson told me he shipped samurai swords, Japanese flags, etc. home from the South Pacific after the war and by the time his duffel bags made it home to his Mother there was nothing left. Navy pukes opened and stole all his souvenirs.

My father in law served in Europe. He sent home 2 brand new Mauser rifles and by the time the war ended and he got home, the rifles were long gone.

I know how you feel @Zappa.
The Lowell Police Department seized my Dad's WWII Jap trophy BAR (Sold to the Japanese prior to the war) during a
call put in by my Dad's Landlord to LPD in the late 1950's. He leveled it off at the Landlord's chest over an argument.
I'm told by an older brother that it wasn't loaded, cops took it anyways without arrest and when he tried to recover it
2 years later (He had the original Capture Papers) he was told "We have no record of that." and "If we had a BAR in lockup, we'd know about it."
~Enbloc

I know how you feel @Zappa.
The Lowell Police Department seized my Dad's WWII Jap trophy BAR (Sold to the Japanese prior to the war) during a
call put in by my Dad's Landlord to LPD in the late 1950's. He leveled it off at the Landlord's chest over an argument.
I'm told by an older brother that it wasn't loaded, cops took it anyways without arrest and when he tried to recover it
2 years later (He had the original Capture Papers) he was told "We have no record of that." and "If we had a BAR in lockup, we'd know about it."
~Enbloc
So even in the ‘50s, there were ma**h*** douchenozzle kopsch

Last edited:
There were (are) lots of Drillings. Was the uncle's Drilling marked like the Luftwaffe version?

As for thieves, sure they've found everywhere, but nobody follows fire trucks as well as meth heads.

When my Texas house burned in 2013, the sun only set once before all the AC components were gone. Generator: gone. The few surviving tools: gone. Amazingly, my anvil wasn't stolen, and I still have it.

I sent two trophy's home from Vietnam. One was a Montagnard Cross Bow, and the others was a brass Opium Pipe from China that I learned years later was from the 17th century.
I had to go to Qui Nohn to get a certificate to verify it was antique and not drug paraphernalia!

I sent two trophy's home from Vietnam. One was a Montagnard Cross Bow, and the others was a brass Opium Pipe from China that I learned years later was from the 17th century.
I had to go to Qui Nohn to get a certificate to verify it was antique and not drug paraphernalia!
For you, it was antique drug paraphernalia. ;)

Back
Top Bottom