My Non Res MA LTC Application

Was rejected.

My Wife just called me and told me that the MASP sent back my application stating that "All Lawful Purposes" was a "unacceptable reason" for being issued a non resident license to carry. They went on to say that I could send it back in but only with a more detailed reason for application. Apparently my previous permit wasn't enough for them to issue me a new one.

Any thoughts?

protection of life should be a good enough reason.

ooops I forgot we are talking MA here.

I guess this means they're back to the "dog and pony show letter" requirement. [rolleyes]

-Mike

Was rejected.

My Wife just called me and told me that the MASP sent back my application stating that "All Lawful Purposes" was a "unacceptable reason" for being issued a non resident license to carry. They went on to say that I could send it back in but only with a more detailed reason for application. Apparently my previous permit wasn't enough for them to issue me a new one.

Any thoughts?

The same thing happened to me earlier this year. A rejected application is much better than a denial. I revised my application to list more specific reasons and sent it back in. It was approved LTC-A-No restrictions.

Since I will need to use the same reasons when I need to renew next year I'm not to willing to share. The only advise I can give is to provide specific reasons you feel you may need to defend yourself. If you can write in complete sentences and are able to put a few reasonable thoughts onto paper you will be just fine.

Oh and post how the interview goes. I haven't had to go through the new interview process yet.

I put down about one paragraph and had no issues. I called before I submitted it and was told that "All lawfull purposes" is not a valid reason. They just want you to, as the person above me said, be able to write a few complete sentences.

Might you want an LTC A for all legal purposes, including target shooting, hunting, and self-defense?

Do you travel to poorly lit and infrequently patrolled areas after normal business hours carrying large amounts of cash and expensive electronic equipment? Will you want to carry a concealed firearm for self-defense for these reasons?

Did you take the required course where you learned about relevant MA gun laws and gun safety?

Did you read and understand the Mass Gun Laws on the FRB website?

If so, I'd say so on the application.

Restrictions are based upon the information provided in the license application. Please ensure that you provide a detailed reason for requesting the issuance of a license in Massachusetts. Include information regarding how and where you intend to possess or use a firearm and your knowledge and training in Massachusetts firearms lawshttp://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/MIRCS Non-Resident LTC application - for website.pdf

Laughable considering the huge gray area the Mass state law is in regard to firearms. You can ask 3 officers/COPs standing next to each other the same firearms question and get 3 different answers.

"I've recently read about the state's recent budget shortfalls, and overall deplorable economic situation, and thought I could be of assistance in offering my $100 in exchange for permission to exercise my 2nd amendment right."

Back
Top Bottom