My new friend.....

The Goose

NES Member
My new (used) S&W 60 .357 mag. with 3" barrel and Hi Viz front sight. Just that little more length on the barrel makes this snubby more accurate and easier to handle, at least for me. Of course the extra length pretty much rules out pocket carry, but it is still quite small and very concealable. Shown with a Don Hume JIT Belt Slide and Bianchi speed strip. This will make a nice hot weather gun.

SW60002.jpg

SW60003.jpg

In actuality I only carry four rds. in a speed strip for a five round revolver. The amount of time needed to load that single last round is disproportionate to the previous 2 pairs already loaded. Also it gives me a tab to grab on either side no matter how it comes up. I was shown this by Michael deBethencourt when I took his snubby class out at S&W. So when I practice at the range I start off with the full 5 rds. as if I was carrying it, and keep four rounds each in 2 seperate speed strips in my pocket. I shoot the 5 rds. then reload 2 and 2, close the cylinder and pull the trigger until the bang stops. If the hammer falls on an empty chamber I just keep shooting. Reload and go again. I can load 2 and 2 by feel, but I have to look to get that 5th single round in.

Very nice indeed, Steve, but why shortchange yourself one round in the speedstrip? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom