my new addition

MY new addition. DPMS M4A3 Custom. It's got some pretty cool stuff on it.

SV400072.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that configuration?

hminsky said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that configuration?

I don't mind at all. I paid $1050. The guy gave me a free hard side case. I also picked up a 30 round mag for cheap becasue I Just picked up the gun, because a new gun can only come 10 rounders in NY, he has to sell it too me it can't come free. It has an extended tactical charging handle, extended bolt release, skeleton stock, A3 upper with removable carry handle.

My research showed me that they were one the better manufacturers of Ar-15's. Pretty comparible to like RRA. But that is just my opinion. Any other thoughts?

DPMS is right up there with Bushmaster for quality. I don't think I'd want to use a complete DPMS for match shooting, but then again, I wouldn't use a non-DCM type Bushmaster either.

I'd buy DPMS stuff in a heartbeat. IIRC, Midway carries some of their stuff as well.

Very nice!

I've heard good things about DPMS. I'm hoping to pick up one of their .22 CMP uppers within the year.

CD

Have you shot it yet? I have that Miculek muzzle brake on my AR. You are not going to make friends with the person shooting next to you. It is very effective though.

IS that a Miculek muzzle brake? It looks like my JP Enterprises brake from here (can't see the top ports). And no, the people next to you won't be thrilled.

Still, it's not as severe as the FULL competition brake, which looks like it came off a main battle tank. [wink]

I assume it is the Miculek by its looks and since DPMS sponsers Jerry. The Miculek and JP Cooley comp are very similar. The Cooley just has ports in the top. I tried identical rifles with each side by side and found no difference. I'd like like to try the JP tank brake next. It looks too exotic to pass up.

If I were to buy another AR, I'd go with a DPMS. They sponser a lot of competitions and give away a lot prizes. A friend of mine had a DPMS bolt break during a match and they immediately replaced it free of charge, no questions asked.

Do you happen to know much does that weigh?

I have a Bushmaster AR15 A2 with a heavy target 20" barrel.

It is heavier than I like for any extended period of time without
resting it on something. I am wondering how much lighter the carbine model is with the shorter and lighter barrel.

Scrivner..you mean kind of like when somebody is R.O.ing you when you let your cannon off....WOW! How do you shoot that without losing any fillings? LOL

Scrivener said:
IS that a Miculek muzzle brake? It looks like my JP Enterprises brake from here (can't see the top ports). And no, the people next to you won't be thrilled.

Still, it's not as severe as the FULL competition brake, which looks like it came off a main battle tank. [wink]

It is a Miculek Muzzle brake. I have not had the pleasure of firing this yet, I just picked it up after work last night. Pretty easy sell for the dealer, pretty much wanted it as soon as I held it. I have fired a few different AR-15/m-16, some pretty poor ones have come from the military armories believe it or not. I like the DPMS, but have also had a good time with Bushmaster and a Wilson Combat.

Back
Top Bottom