my kevlar helmet says m-4 inside helmet?

i have a green kevlar helmet i bought on ebay 2 years ago it says M-4 inside the helmet i been trying to look for info for that helmet online i cant seem to find any . i bought it form a guy who was in IDF he was form Israeli i got a good deal on it how much is it worth? and what is its protection level?

M-4 refers to the sizing. I've never seen anything higher than 4 (though that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I'm only going off of what I've seen).

It goes: S 1-4, M 1-4, L 1-4, and I think there's an LX 1-4 if I recall correctly. I fit fairly comfortably into an M-2.

The protection level is the same across the board. The newer ones seem to be a tad more durable, though I'm not sure how important that is if you're not in combat. They're better at fragmentation than anything else.

Most used kevlars go for about $50 give or take a few bucks.

There's some great padding you can get for them, though it costs about $200. It makes them more shock resistant on your head and MUCH more comfortable. Makes it look more like a motorcycle helmet really.

I bought the pads even though I knew I was going to turn it in a couple of years later. It was still well worth it if you ask me. Those sweat bands suck so fricken much.

M-4 refers to the sizing. I've never seen anything higher than 4 (though that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I'm only going off of what I've seen).

It goes: S 1-4, M 1-4, L 1-4, and I think there's an LX 1-4 if I recall correctly. I fit fairly comfortably into an M-2.

The protection level is the same across the board. The newer ones seem to be a tad more durable, though I'm not sure how important that is if you're not in combat. They're better at fragmentation than anything else.

Most used kevlars go for about $50 give or take a few bucks.

There's some great padding you can get for them, though it costs about $200. It makes them more shock resistant on your head and MUCH more comfortable. Makes it look more like a motorcycle helmet really.

I bought the pads even though I knew I was going to turn it in a couple of years later. It was still well worth it if you ask me. Those sweat bands suck so fricken much.

i wouldnt need the padding the helmet is for show or an invasion ,i have written all over it just same as movie Full Metal Jacket to make it a novelty item i was wondering what that number meaned.

Back
Top Bottom