My IDPA vid from 4/27 match at Riverside

Hey all. Here’s a short vid I put up from an IDPA match today at Riverside. It’s hard to film, shoot, get others to film while you shoot, etc, etc, so forgive the incomplete nature of the vid, but I think it gets the idea to those who may have never tried it. Did it as a promo thing…

Was a cool match: all based on air marshal scenarios. I enjoyed it!

It was a small match and raining, so I just got some quick vid of the guys in my squad. I didn't use their names, but I am sure you regular IDPA shooters will recognize them. I figure it's up to them if they wish to put their name to the vid, but of course I did get permission to film them

Funny, all the matches I have been to, and I have never seen anyone film it. I did this one quickly. With a little more time and effort, could do something much more compelling and such.

Local clubs, etc, should consider this type of thing. Will try and do more in the future. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_nPGoKa2A

I thought it was very good - thanks for posting, Will. I have yet to compete, but have observed several times, have joined, and will soon give it a try. Thanks, again.

Nice Job Will - Smooth is fast, I like that :) Who was it said you can't miss fast enough?

Great match all and thanks to Riverside and Bob for pulling that together.

SM

As long as we're all sharing competitive shooting videos...!

This is me last fall... shooting at Harvard Sportsman Club in their weekly IPSC practice shoots. Even though I haven't actually competed in a real match... it's still tons of fun.

I want to get into IDPA though. I think that's more my style.

Oh, and this is shot with my brother's cell phone so the quality is crappy. But it's still cool to see yourself and how you do. I'll have to start bringing a video camera to these things.

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/...action=view&current=WeiIPSC3rdRound-92707.flv

Last edited:
Scores will be out tomorrow night.

Will: Excellent video! I am pleased that you thought a few cameos of me were worth it! I didn't know you caught me in the vids. I'll have my agent call you in the morning [smile]

I thought it was a kick-ass crew that helped setup and tear down and run the match. Everybody was safe and we had fun. Next match, I'm thinkin' FBI qualifier and maybe a couple of Miami shootout stages.......

How's that sound?

Regards,

Bob

Last edited:
+1 Negotiator (Excuse me... smooth)

Bob.. Absolute blast, had a great time. You guys put on quite a show.. Thanks.. and... ahhh err Could you appologize to the airline attendant for me??... I mean it was only her shoulder :)

Bob.. Absolute blast, had a great time. You guys put on quite a show.. Thanks.. and... ahhh err Could you appologize to the airline attendant for me??... I mean it was only her shoulder :)

I gave her 2 aspirin and told her to call me in the morning. [wink]

I'm surprised and pleased at how the competitors only rarely hit the "non-threat" targets. When I first started out many years ago, they seemed to be the first targets I would shoot! [smile]

Glad you had a good time.

Regards,

Bob

Bob - the whole match was enjoyable and well thought out in advance. I'm looking forward to the next one. Not that any of us are in any way competitive, but I'm sure we are all looking forward to the scores :^)

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Actually Will I was down zero across the board for the strong hand only baggage handling stage, but then who's counting :)

You are! Bastid! [smile]

And PS, you won the match....congrats. I was 5th, total score, and knew I dumped it bad on that stupid strong hand stage where you did down zero. Argh....

Last edited:
Scores will be out tomorrow night.

Will: Excellent video! I am pleased that you thought a few cameos of me were worth it! I didn't know you caught me in the vids. I'll have my agent call you in the morning [smile]

I thought it was a kick-ass crew that helped setup and tear down and run the match. Everybody was safe and we had fun. Next match, I'm thinkin' FBI qualifier and maybe a couple of Miami shootout stages.......

How's that sound?

Regards,

Bob

Count me in! Feel free to use the vid for any Riverside IDPA promo as needed. It's open source as IDPA promo for anyone who wants to use it as such. I can do a much better job with a little more time, etc, but I think it's good enough to make those who have not tried it want to, and those that have, want to get to another match asap!

Last edited:
Bob - the whole match was enjoyable and well thought out in advance. I'm looking forward to the next one. Not that any of us are in any way competitive, but I'm sure we are all looking forward to the scores :^)

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

I'm sure you are. Just going to call you Down Zero from now on, then I am going to remove all the springs from your mags when you are not looking...[laugh]

Results are up on riversideactionshoots. No Air Marshals in the bunch. I was 0.03 seconds too slow to meet the 33.8 raw time limit, and as I said, I had too many points down to qualify.

Regards,

Bob

Results are up on riversideactionshoots. No Air Marshals in the bunch. I was 0.03 seconds too slow to meet the 33.8 raw time limit, and as I said, I had too many points down to qualify.

Regards,

Bob

Looks like Steve was top scorer. I was doing well until I totally dumped that last strong hand target and screwed myself good...oh well...

Back
Top Bottom