My First "TOY" Gun

I always talked trash about plastic firearms but finally swallowed my pride broke down and bought one. In all honesty it was the versatility and available accessories that sold me on it ie: sights/mounts, carbine kits, .22LR kits, and ability to easily convert to other calibers.

View attachment 436

Hey I talk a lot of shit about Glocks myself, but at the end of the day the Glock is still safe, reliable, and most of all better than carrying nothing.

Heh, I think Glocks are kind of crappy (trigger/accuracy), but I've owned 4, and if I go hiking you bet it's the G17 that goes in the bag. That thing can survive anything and still fire. All the other high end stuff stays at home. If the SHTF, I know the Glock will go bang every time, even if its muddy and frozen or full of sand.

I have G22 and 23. Paid $450 for the 23 (used) and it's one of the most accurate guns I own, never jams. Damn thing just shoots and shoots. In fact it's more accurate than the S&W 945 I have that cost almost three times as much. You have a nice piece there..
Walter

Um yes, because the whole idea of it is retarded. Get on GlockTalk and take a look, countless of discussions about the pointlessness, and geekiness of purchasing such an item. Basically, it is ridiculous because you gain nothing, it is just a gimmick to make you buy something you don't need. Don't get sucked into this add on for people who just like add ons. If you want a carbine in 9mm or .40, by all means get it. They are a hoot! But turning your handgun into one? Once you do this, you aren't going to be concealing that little handgun in the waistband, so why not just get a proper carbine? It'll be far better and more accurate, and you'll still have a handgun as backup. If you want a rifle, buy one. If you want a handgun, buy that.

Sorry, I have very strong feelings on this. This is equivalent to those people who put a bayonet on their Glocks. Save your $300 and dignity, and get a carbine to go with your *sidearm*. While I have purchased neither of these add ons, I have myself added after market accessories and parts, and in the end, found it to be a complete waste of money. The pistol was in no way improved (sometimes it actually degraded performance and reliability), and I just got poorer. Add some night sights, buy some mags, you already have hogue grip. Spend $300 on training and ammo instead, trust me. Or save and get a nice carbine (though you can get some stuff for under $300 anyway, and you'll actually have TWO firearms instead of just 1 1/2. BTW, I read that the carbine can make groups under 2" at 50 feet... Is that a joke? I think the handgun can do that already with a decent shooter behind it...

The G22 is an extremely reliable and rugged pistol, and will last forever and eat any ammo you give it. It does its job very well, but you must remember its job is to be a pistol. Don't turn it into something it was never designed to be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom