My Email to Thomas Stanley

I often wonder why we don't do PEACEFUL protests and demonstrations. Like organized with lots of people. No one else seems to have a problem with doing this to stand for what they believe in.

I often wonder why we don't do PEACEFUL protests and demonstrations. Like organized with lots of people. No one else seems to have a problem with doing this to stand for what they believe in.
We did many times, back in the mid 90's GOAL organized a protest on Boston Common that I and about 4000 gun owners attended. Obviously it was a waste of time because this is a Dem run, anti-gun State. They have the overwhelming numbers and can do whatever they want because the sheeple will blindly accept their propaganda.

I hacked the OP's message with a few thoughts for my Rep, Margaret Scarsdale, who I know personally:

Margaret,

You know me, we’re neighbors, and have worked together in our community. I am a lawful firearms owner, citizen of Pepperell, and of Massachusetts. This note is in response to the proposed Bill HD-4420. This bill would make it virtually impossible for people like me, who follow our laws, and submit to the firearm permitting process to obtain the License to Carry (my permission slip from the State, to exercise a natural, pre-political right) to carry a pistol. The wording of the bill claims "all privately or government own property not explicitly labeled ok for firearms". That would basically be everywhere

It adds many unnecessary steps to the process of acquiring a LTC, a beaurocratic hurdle placed in front of me to exercise a right recognized by the Founders, and explicitly protected by the Second Amendment. It is not a privilege to be restricted by the State. This bill would complete undermine the recent ruling by the Supreme Court of the United States on the NY Rifle and Pistol Association vs Bruen, along with the Heller and McDonald decisions, which correctly ruled many of these restrictions to be unconstitutional.

Furthermore, it adds to an already overly restricted firearms roster of legal to purchase rifles. The legislation is an obvious attempt to making all semi-automatic firearms illegal. This is absolutely absurd, semi-automatic firearms have been used in sport shooting and hunting for over a century, and are the safest and most effective means for protecting ourselves and families.

Lawful Massachusetts firearm owners have been restricted over and over again. I’m tired of this relentless push, all in the name of a made up term like ‘gun violence’. There are 100’s of millions of lawful firearms owned by law abiding citizens. If we were the problem, it would be very, very obvious. We are not the problem. Perhaps focusing on treating root causes, like mental illness, breakdown of the family and community religious structures, and the rampant trend to not holding criminals accountable would be substantially more impactful than going after us. We're tax paying, law abiding, family-oriented members of the community, the same as you, and I’m tired of being treated otherwise for exercising my Constitutionally protected, and SCOTUS affirmed rights. Please oppose this legislation, as our Founders chose to explicitly protect against this level of tyranny, and the Mass legislature has no place un-doing it.

Regards,

Mark
Please let us know her reply. I'll let you all know if and when my Senator/Rep reply.

Last edited:
Please let us know her reply. I'll let you all know if and when my Senator/Rep reply.
Got a response today. She's still processing the large Bill, but has reached out to all of the Chiefs in her district for their opinions (all green towns AFAIK). She asked me a number of follow-up questions on ghost guns, prohibited spaces, registration of guns used in crimes, LTC process, and commissions (specifically on identifying assault weapons). Of course, I gave her all of the right answers, I'm sure we'll chat soon.

Hey all. Pretty freaked out by HD 4420 to be honest. I wrote what I hope to be a effective email to my area Rep who is a Democrat so it'll probably fall on deaf ears. But I'd like to know your thoughts on it. I also invite anyone who's on the fence about emailing their reps because maybe they're uncomfortable or can't put their ideas to words to copy and use.
And I also want to know what's next. What more can I do, we do? Love to hear from you all.

This email is in reaction from a lawful firearms owner and citizen of Massachusetts in regards to proposed Bill HD4420. This bill would make it virtually impossible for LTC having persons to carry their pistol anywhere. The wording of the bill claims "all privately or government own property not explicitly labeled ok for firearms". That would basically be everywhere.
It adds many unnecessary steps to the process of acquiring a LTC which is a constitutional right, not a privilege to be restricted by the state. This bill would complete undermine the ruling by the Supreme Court of the United States on the NY Rifle and Pistol Association vs Bruen which ruled all of these restrictions to be unconstitutional.
Furthermore it restricts an already overly restricted firearms roster of legal to purchase rifles. Basically making anything that's semi automatic illegal. This is absolutely absurd, semi auto has been used in sport shooting and hunting for over a century.
Lawful Massachusetts firearms owns has been restricted over and over again. We're tired of being pushed with no give back. We're tax paying, family having people same as yourself and tired of being treated as otherwise for using the rights granted to us by the founding fathers who certainly predicted this level of tyranny.
Well done!

GOAL tried this last year, there wasn’t a great turnout. Only like 20 people max showed up. That’s why. Most of the gun owners in this state voted for the same politicians that are pushing for this stuff in the first place.

Just a heads up. I finally heard back from Stanley's office after several emails including one yesterday inquiring into the closed door meeting about HD4420. This is what I got in response

Good afternoon William,

Hope all is well. Thanks for sharing your concerns regarding HD4420 - An Act modernizing firearm laws. I greatly appreciate your taking the time to contact my office. As a state legislator, it is critical for me to hear from constituents on matters important to them.

House leadership is holding two meetings this week to go over details of the bill with members as Speaker Mariano has indicated it is a priority for him. These types of meetings occur all the time on important bills. Rest assured that HD4420 will still have a public hearing before it may advance in the legislative process.

As of now, the House and Senate are in disagreement over what committee should review the bill. Should this stalemate persist, it likely won't be until September at the earliest that a public hearing may be scheduled.

Please know I have recorded your opposition to HD4420 and will be keeping your correspondence in mind as I review and discuss the bill with my colleagues in the House.

Thanks again for reaching out! As always, please don't hesitate to check back in for updates, and/or if you have any additional questions or concerns.

All the best,
Rep. Stanley

Thomas M. Stanley
State Representative - 9th Middlesex
Waltham
Chair, Joint Committee on Elder Affairs
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom