My Email to Thomas Stanley

Willluvstafish

NES Member
Hey all. Pretty freaked out by HD 4420 to be honest. I wrote what I hope to be a effective email to my area Rep who is a Democrat so it'll probably fall on deaf ears. But I'd like to know your thoughts on it. I also invite anyone who's on the fence about emailing their reps because maybe they're uncomfortable or can't put their ideas to words to copy and use.
And I also want to know what's next. What more can I do, we do? Love to hear from you all.

This email is in reaction from a lawful firearms owner and citizen of Massachusetts in regards to proposed Bill HD4420. This bill would make it virtually impossible for LTC having persons to carry their pistol anywhere. The wording of the bill claims "all privately or government own property not explicitly labeled ok for firearms". That would basically be everywhere.
It adds many unnecessary steps to the process of acquiring a LTC which is a constitutional right, not a privilege to be restricted by the state. This bill would complete undermine the ruling by the Supreme Court of the United States on the NY Rifle and Pistol Association vs Bruen which ruled all of these restrictions to be unconstitutional.
Furthermore it restricts an already overly restricted firearms roster of legal to purchase rifles. Basically making anything that's semi automatic illegal. This is absolutely absurd, semi auto has been used in sport shooting and hunting for over a century.
Lawful Massachusetts firearms owns has been restricted over and over again. We're tired of being pushed with no give back. We're tax paying, family having people same as yourself and tired of being treated as otherwise for using the rights granted to us by the founding fathers who certainly predicted this level of tyranny.

I can't wait to inform all of the construction companies I work for that we are moving 🤣
Lol it isnt easy I'll grant you that but at the same time...dont come here being like im disheartened the state reps who are among the worst in the world on gun rights arent listening to my sternly worded letter.

Maura had her edict in 2016 or whenever that was and i was like yeah nah I'm out. Nope not dealing with it

And in your case good i want productive companies to leave and f*** that worthless state 8 ways from sunday.

And i would ask why? I made more in atl and florida than i did in the northeast my wife loves the south... best thing we ever did
My kids are very settled in their schools and friends and I'd rather not upset that. I've also been at my place of work for 17 years and am treated very well and make a good living. These are the main reasons. But yes NH is in my future.

My kids are very settled in their schools and friends and I'd rather not upset that. I've also been at my place of work for 17 years and am treated very well and make a good living. These are the main reasons. But yes NH is in my future.
Lucky my kid is vain... we just moved to georgia

I was like hey buddy.. you know how u can make new friends... a boat whic we're gunna get

He like yup he is also 3

Hey all. Pretty freaked out by HD 4420 to be honest. I wrote what I hope to be a effective email to my area Rep who is a Democrat so it'll probably fall on deaf ears. But I'd like to know your thoughts on it. I also invite anyone who's on the fence about emailing their reps because maybe they're uncomfortable or can't put their ideas to words to copy and use.
And I also want to know what's next. What more can I do, we do? Love to hear from you all.

This email is in reaction from a lawful firearms owner and citizen of Massachusetts in regards to proposed Bill HD4420. This bill would make it virtually impossible for LTC having persons to carry their pistol anywhere. The wording of the bill claims "all privately or government own property not explicitly labeled ok for firearms". That would basically be everywhere.
It adds many unnecessary steps to the process of acquiring a LTC which is a constitutional right, not a privilege to be restricted by the state. This bill would complete undermine the ruling by the Supreme Court of the United States on the NY Rifle and Pistol Association vs Bruen which ruled all of these restrictions to be unconstitutional.
Furthermore it restricts an already overly restricted firearms roster of legal to purchase rifles. Basically making anything that's semi automatic illegal. This is absolutely absurd, semi auto has been used in sport shooting and hunting for over a century.
Lawful Massachusetts firearms owns has been restricted over and over again. We're tired of being pushed with no give back. We're tax paying, family having people same as yourself and tired of being treated as otherwise for using the rights granted to us by the founding fathers who certainly predicted this level of tyranny.
His reaction :Fark you and Fark the constitution.

Yeah totally legitimate point. How insightful of them to see 250 years into the future and see our rights being deteriorated
They didn't need to.

They wrote those first amendments because they had already experienced these "abuses and usurpations." That's why they fought the war.

No. I was pointing out how if you own a business you can't just move sometimes
why? because it's difficult compared to staying in a state that only wants your for your tax dollars? Admit it it's easier to write a letter and take it up the arse than it is to relocate. that famous quote from Scriv comes to mind.

You're doing it wrong. You have to speak to politicians in money, it's all they understand, nothing else. But first you have to point out Bruen happened because they are idiots who don't pay attention to anything around them other then money so they need to be schooled on the whole "text and history" thing. Emphasize using "feelings" to justify a gun law is no longer an option. Getting that across to them may be hard as it has nothing to do with money, if it's a physical letter use crayons to try to keep their attention through this part, if this is an email your only real option is comic sans font.

Then you should go through the entire list of stupidity in this full retard bill and point by point explain to them "this wasn't a thing in 1850 so it's not going to happen today" again because bruen and "feelings" no longer allowed.

Now here's where you get their full attention, money. Explain to them they are going to get absolutely carpet bombed with lawsuits and have to spend a fortune to attempt to defend the undefendable. Not sure what the actual cost for a state to defend a lawsuit is but i do know california lost 5 million trying to defend an assault weapon law. This dumbassery is going to have to be in the 8 figure range easily. All of that is money they are not going to be able to access so they can use it to buy votes in the next election and they need to understand that.

Also wouldn't hurt to point out to them that NY crossing the line just a little when it comes to guns ended with wiping out any type of scrutiny when it comes to second amendment laws across the entire country so mass politicians probably shouldn't say "hey NY, hold my f'in beer and watch this" because the end result could be 15 year olds legally buying full auto machine guns at a cumberland farms at 2:47 am without a license or background check a few years from now.

Also, get a thesaurus, if you use a word with 3 or more syllables try to replace it with something with 2 or less, it helps.

You're doing it wrong. You have to speak to politicians in money, it's all they understand, nothing else. But first you have to point out Bruen happened because they are idiots who don't pay attention to anything around them other then money so they need to be schooled on the whole "text and history" thing. Emphasize using "feelings" to justify a gun law is no longer an option. Getting that across to them may be hard as it has nothing to do with money, if it's a physical letter use crayons to try to keep their attention through this part, if this is an email your only real option is comic sans font.

Then you should go through the entire list of stupidity in this full retard bill and point by point explain to them "this wasn't a thing in 1850 so it's not going to happen today" again because bruen and "feelings" no longer allowed.

Now here's where you get their full attention, money. Explain to them they are going to get absolutely carpet bombed with lawsuits and have to spend a fortune to attempt to defend the undefendable. Not sure what the actual cost for a state to defend a lawsuit is but i do know california lost 5 million trying to defend an assault weapon law. This dumbassery is going to have to be in the 8 figure range easily. All of that is money they are not going to be able to access so they can use it to buy votes in the next election and they need to understand that.

Also wouldn't hurt to point out to them that NY crossing the line just a little when it comes to guns ended with wiping out any type of scrutiny when it comes to second amendment laws across the entire country so mass politicians probably shouldn't say "hey NY, hold my f'in beer and watch this" because the end result could be 15 year olds legally buying full auto machine guns at a cumberland farms at 2:47 am without a license or background check a few years from now.

Also, get a thesaurus, if you use a word with 3 or more syllables try to replace it with something with 2 or less, it helps.
Great points. And I can't wait to buy machine guns at Cumby's 🤣

You type too much, yet fail to provide the OP an example of how it should be written.

Talk is cheap. Set the example.

Thank you for sharing and caring enough to type it.

Thank you for sharing and caring enough to type it.
Thanks brother. I'm obviously no wordsmith but I got to try. I'm getting emails from every gun store, pro gun enthusiast to at least try. Gun stores very existence will be screwed if this passes (even though they're known to take advantage of gun scares) so if they want me to try, I'll do it.

Back
Top Bottom