• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Ammo was stolen by UPS lol

Yes, if I shoot 100 or more rounds 3 times a week. This only temporary until I get proficient at hitting a target at 15 yards ( that is my goal). By May, with a good training class, I can reach my goal. I keep a journal of my progress. If I am missing anything or if you have any suggestions, please share- I am just learning.

My training Strategy- for building a good foundation
Classes on shooting and fundamentals
Dry Fire ( breathing)
Proper shooting stance
Drawing
drawing and Firing
reholstering
magazine release/dropping and reloading a mag

Range ( this is why I want to join a shooting club) - The highest cost is 20 a day for range time- I have friends that I have gone shooting, and it cost nothing.
I shoot 30 rounds a session

Beretta 92 elite compact- 10 yards only until I can shoot a good group. I will put all my home training together on the range. I repeat the process until all 3 10 mags are empty
practices 1-5 rounds DA only
practices 2-3 rounds DA and 3 rounds SA

My WIfe gave me the green light to spend x amount for me to learn to shoot and have classes- LOL
Where abouts in MA are you?

Bummer all around. It’s one thing to pay the higher prices but another to never get it at your doorstep. I’ve had one case of RSA .223 somewhat ripped up but all ammo accounted for. The UPS driver looked scared when I was at the door of his truck and seen him laying the bricks back in the ripped box. This was out of hundreds of online orders so not too bad in my case. I remember your story @pupchow and that price for S&B was killer. Salty wounds hurt.

While I never did deliver ammo for the USPS, I delivered lead balls and bars. The boxes are almost never sturdy enough. Big holes in the corners from the machines and getting thrown around. Or you pick up the box and the entire bottom rips out. Crap goes everywhere, and you try to put it all back together again but it's a mess. I mean you figure out how to handle it after enough times but the first couple of times you go to pick up the packages like they are normal packages and rip your back out or rip the box open. Then the A$&wipe customer puts a note on it "MUST be delivered to my third floor porch, knock "shave and a haircut", and slide it inside my screen door. Please don't let the ferrets out." Then you just drop it in the driveway and come here and watch somebody post a rant about how the USPS drops their stuff in the driveway but UPS would bring it right to them with a hot cup of coffee and a fresh croissant.
Would you be happy with a lemon danish?

I have lemon danishes in the morning.

Oh wait, just re read what you posted...

YOU are bringing the danishes?

Yeah, TSUSA prints the hazard shipping placard right on the side of the cardboard box... it might as well be a frickin’ neon sign saying steal me... heavier the box, bigger the haul. And one-off boxes go missing all the time...
I think they have to. I worked at UPS a ling time ago in Chelmsford, I worked on a belt that included Woburn. I used sort stiff into these huge metal bins that moved like,a conveyer. I used to put all the ammo to Four Seasons aside and load them in tbe same bin when it came around. Sometnes I'd start a pallet there were so many. All labeled accordingly.
I would be hard getting 1 box out of there . Let alone 7.

If someone did steal it from the line, they will probably be caught on video walking away with it as there are cameras every 8 feet above

Sorry to hear about your ammo misfortune. However I am happy to see that the Remington Lonoke factory seems to be producing ammo again.

I had a WTF moment back in the summer when I purchased something. Package said it was delivered according to tracking. Looked all over and there was no package in site. I was like Fakkkkkk. Never had an issue with stolen packages off property before so I didn't think it was that. I said to myself I'm going to give it 24 hours before I contact the delivery service/seller. Ended up stepping outside at 7:30pm for whatever reason. Package was at the bottom of my stairs. Sigh of relief..... Probably got delivered to a neighbors house.

Back
Top Bottom