My Ammo was stolen by UPS lol

Lmsoul

NES Member
I am happy I got insurance!! WTF-- I am sad right now. I am not sure why UPS would deliver an empty box

12/29/2020 09:02A damage has been reported and we will notify the sender.
12/29/2020 09:00Out For Delivery Today
12/29/2020 08:51Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.
12/29/2020 01:53Processing at UPS Facility
12/28/2020 19:49Origin Scan
12/28/2020 12:53Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet

I am happy I got insurance!! WTF-- I am sad right now. I am not sure why UPS would deliver an empty box

12/29/2020 09:02A damage has been reported and we will notify the sender.
12/29/2020 09:00Out For Delivery Today
12/29/2020 08:51Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.
12/29/2020 01:53Processing at UPS Facility
12/28/2020 19:49Origin Scan
12/28/2020 12:53Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet

Damn...that sucks! It would be a minor annoyance pre-Covid, but it's an unmitigated disaster in this ammo crunch. What was the order?

Yeah, TSUSA prints the hazard shipping placard right on the side of the cardboard box... it might as well be a frickin’ neon sign saying steal me... heavier the box, bigger the haul. And one-off boxes go missing all the time...

They all do that, its required by every shipper that handles ammo.

It probably got damaged on the conveyor belt, happens all the time.

I am new to shooting and I wanted to shoot at least 3 times a week. Plus take training class that I have to bring my own ammo. I am super pissed- In my inventory Winchester white box nato 9mm- 300 rounds, CCI Blazer Brass 150, and Federal training 150 rounds. I have already used 200 rounds- I am super sad.

They all do that, its required by every shipper that handles ammo.

It probably got damaged on the conveyor belt, happens all the time.

Oh, I’m totally aware it’s a requirement to have “hazards” placarded. It just sucks because it’s less than discrete if you know what to look for, that’s all.

I'm still feeling the sting from the loss of my case of S&B .45ACP they said was delivered, but it wasn't. Paid $258 for it in April.

Seems like you need some home surveillance installed. I’d imagine that could easily have been disputed with the Credit Card company with proof.

Seems like you need some home surveillance installed. I’d imagine that could easily have been disputed with the Credit Card company with proof.

I've got cameras. The UPS driver never showed up. TSU made me whole, but I don't know when those prices will return. By the time I got a refund, the price of ammo was jacked.

UPS lost a shipment of ammo for me this summer as well. Three week they had it in transit and I guess you have to wait 30 days before you can file a claim but the supplier did credit me back after the time limits

While I never did deliver ammo for the USPS, I delivered lead balls and bars. The boxes are almost never sturdy enough. Big holes in the corners from the machines and getting thrown around. Or you pick up the box and the entire bottom rips out. Crap goes everywhere, and you try to put it all back together again but it's a mess. I mean you figure out how to handle it after enough times but the first couple of times you go to pick up the packages like they are normal packages and rip your back out or rip the box open. Then the A$&wipe customer puts a note on it "MUST be delivered to my third floor porch, knock "shave and a haircut", and slide it inside my screen door. Please don't let the ferrets out." Then you just drop it in the driveway and come here and watch somebody post a rant about how the USPS drops their stuff in the driveway but UPS would bring it right to them with a hot cup of coffee and a fresh croissant.

While I never did deliver ammo for the USPS, I delivered lead balls and bars. The boxes are almost never sturdy enough. Big holes in the corners from the machines and getting thrown around. Or you pick up the box, and the entire bottom rips out. Crap goes everywhere, and you try to put it all back together again but it's a mess. I mean you figure out how to handle it after enough times but the first couple of times you go to pick up the packages like they are normal packages and rip your back out or rip the box open. Then the A$&wipe customer puts a note on it "MUST be delivered to my third floor porch, knock "shave and a haircut", and slide it inside my screen door. Please don't let the ferrets out." Then you just drop it in the driveway and come here and watch somebody post a rant about how the USPS drops their stuff in the driveway but UPS would bring it right to them with a hot cup of coffee and a fresh croissant.
Please don't let the ferrets out." that is killing me-lol-- I understand what you are saying, but when I get a message that says--Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, the empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage. -Empty carton means I dumped the ammo in my pockets--

I am new to shooting and I wanted to shoot at least 3 times a week. Plus take training class that I have to bring my own ammo. I am super pissed- In my inventory Winchester white box nato 9mm- 300 rounds, CCI Blazer Brass 150, and Federal training 150 rounds. I have already used 200 rounds- I am super sad.

shooting 3 times per week. I suspect shortly you will also be super poor. But best of luck with your regimen.

I have a check for almost 10K floating somewhere between NH and FL in the USPS mail forwarding system for almost a month now.

I got a watch I ordered on 12/24 from Texas to FL in 5 days by first class mail .... I thought that was pretty good.

We just sent our NH property tax payment via USPS but we did it Priority Mail with tracking, hopefully it makes it by 1/8

I am looking for 200 rounds.45ACP. The struggle is real for new Firearms owners who want to put the time to learn how to shoot. Looking for ammo has been fun. I get to learn about different brands- and different categories of ammo
Right there with you. I saw .45 on midway for about 5 minutes two days ago. It was hollow point gold dot ammo. $300+ for w/e amount of rounds.
I'm sure towards the end of winter things will get better.

If you could go inside a UPS facility at night around 11:30 and watch how MANY pkgs are being handled, and HOW theyre being handled, youd shit your pants.

2 years GMF Woburn when the Massachusetts Miracle imploded, 11 to 7 shift.... been there done that.... the MBTA was an infinitely better job after my time at the USPS, and I spent the first 4 years of my T career on some of the challenging routes in the system... in the middle of the war zone. I would not let my ex wife work at the USPS

If you could go inside a UPS facility at night around 11:30 and watch how MANY pkgs are being handled, and HOW theyre being handled, youd shit your pants.
Think UPS is bad? USPS sorting facilities =
oof-size-large-23-memes-85.jpg

shooting 3 times per week. I suspect shortly you will also be super poor. But best of luck with your regimen.
Yes, if I shoot 100 or more rounds 3 times a week. This only temporary until I get proficient at hitting a target at 15 yards ( that is my goal). By May, with a good training class, I can reach my goal. I keep a journal of my progress. If I am missing anything or if you have any suggestions, please share- I am just learning.

My training Strategy- for building a good foundation
Classes on shooting and fundamentals
Dry Fire ( breathing)
Proper shooting stance
Drawing
drawing and Firing
reholstering
magazine release/dropping and reloading a mag

Range ( this is why I want to join a shooting club) - The highest cost is 20 a day for range time- I have friends that I have gone shooting, and it cost nothing.
I shoot 30 rounds a session

Beretta 92 elite compact- 10 yards only until I can shoot a good group. I will put all my home training together on the range. I repeat the process until all 3 10 mags are empty
practices 1-5 rounds DA only
practices 2-3 rounds DA and 3 rounds SA

My WIfe gave me the green light to spend x amount for me to learn to shoot and have classes- LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom