• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My $219 Type 56 SKS Arrived today

slap shot

NES Member
Here's some pics of the SKS I got today from Royal Tiger. Mostly matching numbers that I can see so far. This one was loaded with cosmo so I'm looking forward to a full disassemble, and it looks like the stock was repaired at the butt, and also I guess re crowned.

IMG_2481.jpg IMG_2489.jpg IMG_2488.jpg
IMG_2487.jpg IMG_2486.jpg IMG_2485.jpg
IMG_2483.jpg IMG_2482.jpg

I know nothing about these except I wanted one so please chime in.

And thanks for looking.

Last edited:
very nice!!! Thank you for sharing. BTW, that repair looks really good. Have fun shooting it.

When did this deal go down? I would take a $219 SKS in a cocaine heartbeat.

Email came in 6/24 but when i clicked the link they were still at $319 then the next day I tried it again and it had it at $219 so I pulled the trigger. I've seen them in this condition at the LGS for twice this.

- - - Updated - - -

very nice!!! Thank you for sharing. BTW, that repair looks really good. Have fun shooting it.

Can't wait. I went to wally world and no 7.62 ffs then i went to Dick's and stood there for 10 minutes, not that 6.99 a box for Tula was worth waiting around for.

2 questions

1. Is the serial number the F4098 on all the components? I can't find anything else and I need to get this registered.

2. Firing pin seems to be stuck. Need to dissassemble bolt?

2 questions

1. Is the serial number the F4098 on all the components? I can't find anything else and I need to get this registered.

2. Firing pin seems to be stuck. Need to dissassemble bolt?

1. It surely is!

2. The Youtube videos on bolt cleaning will offer the best course of action. But basically, the the extractor retaining pin in the bolt needs to be driven out before the firing pin can be removed. Then clean with a good solvent and a pipe cleaner. Be extremely careful to note the orientation of the firing pin, it should be installed the same way it came out.

Here's some pics of the SKS I got today from Royal Tiger. Mostly matching numbers that I can see so far. This one was loaded with cosmo so I'm looking forward to a full disassemble, and it looks like the stock was repaired at the butt, and also I guess re crowned.

View attachment 108623View attachment 108624View attachment 108625
View attachment 108626View attachment 108627View attachment 108628
View attachment 108629View attachment 108630

I know nothing about these except I wanted one so please chime in.

And thanks for looking.

Nice find thats a smoking deal.

1. It surely is!

2. The Youtube videos on bolt cleaning will offer the best course of action. But basically, the the extractor retaining pin in the bolt needs to be driven out before the firing pin can be removed. Then clean with a good solvent and a pipe cleaner. Be extremely careful to note the orientation of the firing pin, it should be installed the same way it came out.

looks like you have an f series sino soviet :)

check out youtube for the firing pin dis assembly but be prepared to really whale on the damn thing as it took me like an hour to knock the pin that was holding the pin out when i was cleaning my bolt out

Last edited:
i grabbed a filthy with cosmoline sks in the spring (not as good a deal as yours but close) and it has a been a fun project. My wife started watching walking dead with me and i figured this would be a good "zombie gun" for her. it made her laugh but we havent had time to get to the range for her to shoot it yet. i test fired it before i changed out the stock and it was great.
photo3_zpse42ba563.jpg

photo1_zps94c75f81.jpg

Last edited:
After a through cleaning...firing pin apart and the rest of it 3 times as the gas tube and barrel were also caked, took it to the range yesterday.

Put about 100 rounds downrange and it ran flawlessly. Mostly plinked away but everybody that tried it loved it.

I'll do a better accuracy check next time I'm alone with it but at 50 yds we were hitting cans, hard drives, cell phones ,lol,

Also brought the "new" M44 and my older T-53 and those are effing cannons. Three real fun range guns.

Wow, nice job! Where did you get the replacement stock?

luckyshot gun stocks. cant beat the price but the finish isnt great. i would get it unfinished next time (same $). i'll probably do some custom work/fitting to this one then re-finish it. my sks dropped right in but i did have to trim off a little for the bayo to lock closed & i have to dremel a groove to put the oil rod in. i like it a lot tho. it was for the wife but she says its too heavy (wants a lightweight AR) so guess i'll have to keep it for myself for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom