My $149 M44 just arrived

What year are your new M44's?
Mine is a 1944 with a post war stock. Next upgrade is an adjustable Smith Sight - shoots high to the left.
Someday I'll get a but pad to save the bruises everyone gets firing the beast.

Would like to get an M38 someday.

The M38 I picked up a few weeks ago is a 1942 with an actual m38 stock (no cutout for the bayonet). SOmetimes you can find M38's with an M44 stock on them due to the refurb process and the worker grabbing the m44 stock even thought the m38 has no bayonet. I picked up a pachmyer slip on recoil pad for $13 size small. It fits perfectly on the mosin buttstock.....have not fired it since finding the pad but it has to be better than that metal against my shoulder!

JFC that cheap and that sexy? I hate you.

The M38 I picked up a few weeks ago is a 1942 with an actual m38 stock (no cutout for the bayonet). SOmetimes you can find M38's with an M44 stock on them due to the refurb process and the worker grabbing the m44 stock even thought the m38 has no bayonet. I picked up a pachmyer slip on recoil pad for $13 size small. It fits perfectly on the mosin buttstock.....have not fired it since finding the pad but it has to be better than that metal against my shoulder!

If your shoulder doesn't hurt you didn't have a good range day...

JFC that cheap and that sexy? I hate you.

If your shoulder doesn't hurt you didn't have a good range day...

I hear you! Unfortunately there is "good hurt" from range time and "omg if I pull the trigger one more time I'm gonna ****ing cry". Problem with my two Mosins is I want to spend some quality time with them on a bench rest to really dial in the front sight.......but after 20 rounds my shoulder hurts so bad I just can't do it! That steel is butplate is brutal! Figure with the pachmyer I'll be able to spend a little more time and get a tighter group and enjoy the rifle.

I hear you! Unfortunately there is "good hurt" from range time and "omg if I pull the trigger one more time I'm gonna ****ing cry". Problem with my two Mosins is I want to spend some quality time with them on a bench rest to really dial in the front sight.......but after 20 rounds my shoulder hurts so bad I just can't do it! That steel is butplate is brutal! Figure with the pachmyer I'll be able to spend a little more time and get a tighter group and enjoy the rifle.

Or stop being a baby about recoil [laugh]

Just get the gel filled recoil pad like I did. I can shoot all day with my M44 now if I wanted to.

Dude when we shot every weekend or every other , we shot over 100 rds each just from our mosins Lol . I wish I had one of the pics of the spent brass on the ground .

Can't handle the metal plate stand up ;)

yjyguna6.jpg

Dude when we shot every weekend or every other , we shot over 100 rds each just from our mosins Lol . I wish I had one of the pics of the spent brass on the ground .

Can't handle the metal plate stand up ;)

Guys Guys easy now! I can shoot it all day standing up! Want to shoot from the seated position on a rest to get it sighted in better.....and yes I'll admit.....mosin nagants hurt like a mofo from the seated and prone position! You guys are ball busters today.

carbines or 91/30s? Big difference

I'd say slightly more recoil from my carbine vs the 91-30. The biggest difference is volume and muzzle blast.....the carbines bark and belch fire like nothing I've ever fired!

Guys Guys easy now! I can shoot it all day standing up! Want to shoot from the seated position on a rest to get it sighted in better.....and yes I'll admit.....mosin nagants hurt like a mofo from the seated and prone position! You guys are ball busters today.

Lol , we kid . Recoil don't effect me tho. Heck muzzle blast don't effect me, I love standing next to a .50 bmg going off.
I'm not a big dude at all btw. I guess its just from carry metal and crap on my shoulder so much the bruising doesn't effect me.
Should see colddayinhell shoot 12g slugs .... He don't lol ....

Only guns I've shot and went wtf after is 10g double barrel that I pulled both trigger at the same time, or a .50 beowulf I did a mag dump with . Both times cause it hit my collar bone .

Just fired my M44 at the range. This thing is a cannon! Dayum it's loud!!! Not too fun to shoot from a seated position as others have said. I refinished the stock when I got it due to it being pretty banged up. Came out real nice and looks very similar to the original look. The front sight is off and needs to be corrected, but it did shoot pretty accurately. My K98 is still my favorite though.

Just fired my M44 at the range. This thing is a cannon! Dayum it's loud!!! Not too fun to shoot from a seated position as others have said. I refinished the stock when I got it due to it being pretty banged up. Came out real nice and looks very similar to the original look. The front sight is off and needs to be corrected, but it did shoot pretty accurately. My K98 is still my favorite though.

Did you shoot it with bayonet extended? Most M44s (at least mine anyway) shoot better with it extended.

Let me guess......hits high and a bit right?

Back
Top Bottom