Muslim sniper training

allehanda.jpg

that training, they need it.

Shooting an accurate .22LR rifle at 100y can teach you a lot of the fundamentals for long range shooting, and it's cheap and fun. 200y is better, but even at 100y the drop and wind drift is substantial.

IANAS but from what I understand, there is just a teeny bit more to actual sniping than practicing with a .22.

And when that is accepted, they can state that all of us who own .22 target rifles are snipers and those of us who let our children learn on them are turning these children into deadly snipers just waiting to kill someone.

Words mean something.

IANAS but from what I understand, there is just a teeny bit more to actual sniping than practicing with a .22.
A valid point. But thinking about it, if I were to take someone from zero to sniper I might start them with a good .22 shooting from 25y to 200y. Good cheap way to build the fundamentals.

A valid point. But thinking about it, if I were to take someone from zero to sniper I might start them with a good .22 shooting from 25y to 200y. Good cheap way to build the fundamentals.

No argument there. In fact I would start any new shooter out with a good .22.

I fit that description. What would you recommend?

Ruger 10/22 is always a good choice, inexpensive and almost always available. The CZ452 (?) is a pretty good bolt action. I have several older Mossbergs which shoot very well for being from the 1940's. There is a lot more, these are just the ones which came to mind first.

Bolt actions like the CZ452 tend to be a little more accurate and less fussy about what ammo you feed them. But the 10/22 with an aftermarket barrel is a really accurate, fun and super customizable gun. I think everyone should have a 10/22. I've had one for 20+ years and my only regret is I don't own 3.

Last edited:
How much you want to spend[wink]
There are plenty of really good 22s if your looking for a full size target rifle there are plenty from the 1920s - late 80s just waiting to be bought and shot.
I like my remington 513t and long for a remington 40x or Winchester 52. Although Anschutz are very nice.
Here go crazy.....
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=CategoryBody&c=FITAAN

Not much. I just want something with which to build some fundamentals. I've been going back and forth between the 10/22 and something like a Remington 783, Ruger American or Savage Axis, likely in 30-06. I like the extra power, but it isn't very cost effective.

Back
Top Bottom