• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MRA Action Shooting Schedule June - November '08

In case it has not already been posted.

http://massrifleforum.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=24

jk-

Sorry about that. See below.

June 2008-November 2008

☼ Sunday Matches start @ 1pm - Setup and Mandatory Safety Meeting @12:30

June 2008
Sunday June 1, 2008 25 Steel- Outside- McLaughlin
Sunday June 22, 2008 Rifle-Pins- Outside- McLaughlin
Sunday June 29, 2008 Shotgun Steel Match-McLaughlin

July 2008
Sunday July 6, 2008 25 Steel- Outside- McLaughlin
Sunday July 27, 2008 Rifle-Pins- Outside- McLaughlin

August 2008

Sunday Aug. 3, 2008 25 Steel- Outside- McLaughlin
Sunday Aug. 17, 2008 Rifle-Pins- Outside-McLaughlin
Sunday Aug. 31, 2008 Bowling Pin Match(handgun)-Outside

September 2008
Sunday Sept. 7, 2008 25 Steel- Outside- McLaughlin
Sunday Sept. 28, 2008 Rifle-Pins- Outside-McLaughlin

October 2008
Sunday Oct. 5, 2008 25 Steel- Outside- McLaughlin
Sunday Oct. 26, 2008 Rifle-Pins- Inside-Loeb

November 2008
Sunday Nov. 2, 2008 25 Steel- Inside- Loeb
Sunday Nov. 23, 2008 Rifle-Pins- Inside-Loeb
Sunday Nov. 30, 2008 22 rimfire Match(handgun)-Loeb

Centerfire Firearms Only Unless specified for particular matches
◘ No Complete Metal Jacket (Ball) Ammo Allowed at any event (rifle matches excluded)
◘ $5.00 Entry Fee- 75% Payback- Top 3 positions paid in each class
◘ 2 Classes- Stock -Iron sights, no Comps Open-Optics, Comps
◘ Steel Matches- NO MAGNUM CALIBERS- Recommend Light Target Ammo, Minimum 100 rounds
◘ Outside Matches will be on the McLaughlin Range- RAIN or SHINE
Questions? Call or Email Rich @ 781-738-3811, [email protected]

Last edited:
yes scopes and dots are fine. Infact most guns have them.

Most use AR, AK, SKS, M1A, Garand, and pistol caliber carbines. Some guys even like to use a lever gun or a bolt gun for fun. Pretty much any centerfire rifle will be fine. There is a rifle match this sunday on the 50 yd range.

Come on down!

Hey Whitey,

I'm an MRA member and new to rifle shooting. Can you describe (or link me to a description) of what the Rifle Pin shoot is like?

Thanks.

Hi Paul,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was not on my computer this weekend.

The bowling pin rifle shoots are 10 pins set up on a rack at 50 yards.Sshoot em as fast as you can. You will shoot three relays (not right in a row) with each gun you enter.

Ammo can not be armor piercing or steel core ammo. Best way to check is with a magnet. If you are in doubt bring both types with you and we can check it at the match.

All rifles are grouped together for the pin shoots regardless of accessories. Most if not all will have optics of some kind, at least for their money winning gun.

You can shoot two guns. It is 5.00 to enter each gun and you will choose one as your money winning gun before we start.

If you have pre-ban mags you can load em' up. There is not limit on number of shots and you may re-load if necessary to knock all the pins down.

Match is held rain or shine because we shoot from under the hut on the McGlaughlin range.

Thanks a lot. That sounds like fun.

I don't have a scope for my AR yet but I'm working on that. I'm going to sign up for one of these soon.

25 steel

Funny, I knew what the pin match was, but I'm not sure what this is, please let me know.

thanks

mike

Mike-

25 Steel= 25 falling steel plates set up in a variety of configurations. At the beep knock em down as fast as you can. Three strings(not shot at the same time) are shot for each gun entered. Centerfire pistol / revolver only. 9mm and up. No magnum rounds, no complete metal jacket rounds.

Open division= optics and / or comps permitted
Stock division= no optics or comps

hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom