Moving to NH, quickest way to get CCW.

Hello I am moving to NH from MA. (Currently do not have active LTC in MA) What is the quickest way to get my CCW in NH?

On the application it asks for a DL#. I assume this means I need a NH drivers license?

How long does it take to get a NH drivers license? From what I can tell they give you a temp one at the DMV and then you wait for the permanent one in the mail?

So do I have to sit and around and wait for my permanent NH DL to arrive in the mail before going and applying for the CCW? Or is just having the temp DL enough, or does the temp DL have your upcoming permanent DL# on it which I can then list on the CCW application?

I think you see what I'm asking here...

You can get your NH permit via a temp. drivers license. Derry, NH told me that as long as I had applied for my new NH res permit, that my non-res was valid. IN theory no, it isn't.

It takes about 2-3 months to get your real license. This is not because of it takes a long time, but they try to ensure you aren't moving here for a few weeks, etc, then move back.

You didn't state your town, but ALL towns you can get your permit in between 10 minutes and 14 days. The smaller the town the shorter the time (usually)

2-3 months to get actual DL. Hmmm. Interesting.

So what you say is that I can apply for the CCW with the temp license they give me. What about walking into an FFL licensed dealer then and purchasing a gun?

Do they accept the temp license as a form of identification?

takes a while to get a long term DL but the temp looks and acts just like the real thing for all intents and purposes

Go to Town Hall, get a certificate of residency... bring lease, mortgage, utility bill...something or someone who will say you live there. My wife wrote a letter since she was there 8 years before me and all the stuff is in her name.

Then head to the RMV get a drivers license.

BTW cars are registered and titled at town hall.

Get DL. Head to favorite gun shop by anything you effn want, just have your DL and CC with you.

Stop by the police station. Get application. Return it with fee and in about 2 weeks you should be good to go.

2-3 months to get actual DL. Hmmm. Interesting.

So what you say is that I can apply for the CCW with the temp license they give me. What about walking into an FFL licensed dealer then and purchasing a gun?

Do they accept the temp license as a form of identification?

If you are a US citizen you have no waiting period once you move to the state. If you have a drivers license even a temp one youc an go and buy firearms as a NH resident.

Stop by the police station. Get application. Return it with fee and in about 2 weeks you should be good to go.

The town I moved to originally wouldn't take the fee until I returned after two weeks.

takes a while to get a long term DL but the temp looks and acts just like the real thing for all intents and purposes

Go to Town Hall, get a certificate of residency... bring lease, mortgage, utility bill...something or someone who will say you live there. My wife wrote a letter since she was there 8 years before me and all the stuff is in her name.

Then head to the RMV get a drivers license.

BTW cars are registered and titled at town hall.

Get DL. Head to favorite gun shop by anything you effn want, just have your DL and CC with you.

Not anymore. Have you seen the cheesy ones they issue now as temp's? More like a cheap library card. It used to be the temp license was practically indistinguishable from the permanent. No longer. I don't even think you can use the temp if you want to fly on the airlines.

Oh also, unless they changed it, you'll need a birth certif/pass port as well to get your DL. They track citizenship...(not as part of real ID though).

I would hate to think that only residents who are licensed to drive can be licensed for a pistol. I would assume it's just to help you prove residency. Maybe just leave it blank?

Since the resident license is a piece of paper, no photo, they match dl # to say who it is...

NH dl # = XXABCYYZZ1 where XX is month of birth, ABC is the first and last letters of your last name and the first letter of your first name, YY is the 2 digit year of birth, ZZ is date of birth...

Is the DL the only acceptable form of residency proof accepted for purchase / ccw application?

Wouldn't the town hall "certificate of residency" as well as a valid form of ID (e.g., passport) be sufficient?

Hello I am moving to NH from MA. (Currently do not have active LTC in MA) What is the quickest way to get my CCW in NH?

On the application it asks for a DL#. I assume this means I need a NH drivers license?

How long does it take to get a NH drivers license? From what I can tell they give you a temp one at the DMV and then you wait for the permanent one in the mail?

So do I have to sit and around and wait for my permanent NH DL to arrive in the mail before going and applying for the CCW? Or is just having the temp DL enough, or does the temp DL have your upcoming permanent DL# on it which I can then list on the CCW application?

I think you see what I'm asking here...

You already your NH driver's license.

It is:
2 digit month of birth
First letter of last name
Last letter of last name
First letter of first name
2 digit year of birth
2 digit day of birth
1 digit class of license (most have "1", operator class)

NH driver's license numbers are not unique.

Is the DL the only acceptable form of residency proof accepted for purchase / ccw application?

Wouldn't the town hall "certificate of residency" as well as a valid form of ID (e.g., passport) be sufficient?

Your temp driver's license is sufficient to be proof of residency as what the Nashua PD told me.

Back
Top Bottom