Moving to Condition Orange

OK, I have decided to move from SHTF Condition Yellow (something bad is going to happen) to Condition Orange (something bad is going to happen SOON). This means that all non-SHTF purchases are suspended indefinitely and that my PRIMARY SHTF purchase is on food stocks. Going over my checklist, I can see that while I am ahead of 99.99% of the population in overall readiness, I am pretty far behind where I want to be.

My focus now is 3-6 months of food for 3 people (and yes, 3-6 months of dog food) and organization of my readiness area in the basement.

Some things that I remembered: my frigging AR's break all the time and have all these fussy little springs. I got some AR parts kits to have around. When it gets bad, I will have to move onto the AK platform. Need a couple K more 7.62x39/5.45x39.

:Reloading up and running. Gotta focus on getting my presses up and getting some more supplies. I only have a few thousand primers. My understanding is that they are really hard to find these days...

Anyway, gotta make a list and get out to BJ's.

The storm is coming soon, I can feel it.

I only spend money on food, gas, ammo, guns, gold, silver, and survival equipment. I wish I had been doing that like I told myself for the past 5 years... Surveillance system is next.

This looked interesting for in the home surveillance, Its a motion detector that calls a pre programmed phone # and you can listen in and hear whats going on in the room.
Or maybe you want a camera on a tree or pole outside to keep an eye on your land ?

https://www.spygate.com/catalog/TeleSpy-Portable-Personal-Home-Alarm-p-16239.html
phonelg.jpg

I only spend money on food, gas, ammo, guns, gold, silver, and survival equipment. I wish I had been doing that like I told myself for the past 5 years... Surveillance system is next.

OK, I have decided to move from SHTF Condition Yellow (something bad is going to happen) to Condition Orange (something bad is going to happen SOON). This means that all non-SHTF purchases are suspended indefinitely and that my PRIMARY SHTF purchase is on food stocks. Going over my checklist, I can see that while I am ahead of 99.99% of the population in overall readiness, I am pretty far behind where I want to be.

Not a bad idea at all, just put some thought into what you buy. AND how you are going to manage it over any item/items life cycle

First, buy things which you are pretty certain you will use whether the feces impact the rotating air mass mover or not. Buy foods which you would eat even if things stay okay or relatively okay. You can rotate stocks so that food items stay relatively fresh and edible. Just insure that you can use what you buy even in good times to avoid wasting money.

One exception to this may be to buy "some" ammo in common calibers for firearms you don't have. You might find a friend or a discarded weapon which needs this ammo. Just don't go overboard.

Second, have a plan to use what you buy (rotating stocks) as long as you can replenish it and keep your stocks up. Again, it keeps your supplies relatively fresh and saves money over the long term.

Not a bad idea at all, just put some thought into what you buy. AND how you are going to manage it over any item/items life cycle

First, buy things which you are pretty certain you will use whether the feces impact the rotating air mass mover or not. Buy foods which you would eat even if things stay okay or relatively okay. You can rotate stocks so that food items stay relatively fresh and edible. Just insure that you can use what you buy even in good times to avoid wasting money.

One exception to this may be to buy "some" ammo in common calibers for firearms you don't have. You might find a friend or a discarded weapon which needs this ammo. Just don't go overboard.

Second, have a plan to use what you buy (rotating stocks) as long as you can replenish it and keep your stocks up. Again, it keeps your supplies relatively fresh and saves money over the long term.

Precisely. My wife and I are converting some storage area in the basement to a large pantry. The idea is to keep a rotating 3-4 month "buffer" of common food that we normally eat (cans, legumes, rice, flour, sugar, etc) and use it FIFO.

Upgrading to Orange! & Hoping to go Green

I've begun to increase my diesel stockpile.I have a transfer tank in the back of my truck(60 gal), and the truck is obviously also a diesel.This gives my 3/4 ton truck over 1000 Mi.range.I have just aquired 2 55gal. poly drums and plan on grabbin' a simple hand crank,I'll add cetane boost and rotate stock.(I also have thirsty diesel earth moving equiptment & a diesel generator)In the very imediate future the fuel costs,taxes & surcharges will soar again.If Devil Patrick gets his way once again this summer diesel fuel will reach $5 bucks per gallon.[angry]I would love to produce my own bio-diesel but have not enough time or capital to invest at this time.Quality fuel might also be helpful for bartering.In major SHTF, fuel is right up there w/food,water & shelter (IMO). 6

I'm seriously considering suspending all recreational shooting at the moment to conserve ammo.

Did that already....

The rational of “Gun-Control“ may be likened to: …..Attempting to stop drunk-drivers, by making it illegal……to own cars.

Get yourself one of these storage tanks.

In the past 5 years I have purchased about three of these tanks.
I keep diesel in one and Gasoline in the other two.

600GallonStorageTank.jpg

I've begun to increase my diesel stockpile.I have a transfer tank in the back of my truck(60 gal), and the truck is obviously also a diesel.This gives my 3/4 ton truck over 1000 Mi.range.I have just acquired 2 55gal. poly drums and plan on grabbin' a simple hand crank,I'll add cetane boost and rotate stock.(I also have thirsty diesel earth moving equipment & a diesel generator)In the very immediate future the fuel costs,taxes & surcharges will soar again.If Devil Patrick gets his way once again this summer diesel fuel will reach $5 bucks per gallon.[angry]I would love to produce my own bio-diesel but have not enough time or capital to invest at this time.Quality fuel might also be helpful for bartering.In major SHTF, fuel is right up there w/food,water & shelter (IMO). 6

Get yourself one of these storage tanks. In the past 5 years I have purchased about three of these tanks. I keep diesel in one and Gasoline in the other two.
600GallonStorageTank.jpg
Nice,Is that on a trailer chasis? I'm wondering if local code enforcement/fire dept. requires permitting for fuel storage for that kind of volume, if its on a trailer its the whole plated haz-mat,DOT- BS! It would be nice to be under the radar,since your now the "Octane Guy" (WSHTF). I'd love to dig a hole,burry a tank & have a Bio-Diesel "Well". I'm getting away from gasoline,its to volitile,dosn't store well (w/all the ethanol) & you don't get sh*t for mileage.Its nice not needing sparkplugs,caps & rotors, ignition wires and expensive tune-up parts for your vehicles.

Nice,Is that on a trailer chasis? I'm wondering if local code enforcement/fire dept. requires permitting for fuel storage for that kind of volume, if its on a trailer its the whole plated haz-mat,DOT- BS! It would be nice to be under the radar,since your now the "Octane Guy" (WSHTF). I'd love to dig a hole,burry a tank & have a Bio-Diesel "Well". I'm getting away from gasoline,its to volitile,dosn't store well (w/all the ethanol) & you don't get sh*t for mileage.Its nice not needing sparkplugs,caps & rotors, ignition wires and expensive tune-up parts for your vehicles.

Don't know about yours, but my home owners insurance policy does not allow for storage of too much gas. So if your house burns down and the gas is involved (not even the source) you could be screwed. Just FYI. Keep the gas far away from the house.

Just made a $300 BJ's run. Everybody looks like they are buying in "survivalist lots" (but they al;ways do look that way at price clubs).

Hmmrph. Lotsa MA plates in the parking lot of the Nashua BJ's. Don't the libs *like* paying taxes?

Just made a $300 BJ's run. Everybody looks like they are buying in "survivalist lots" (but they al;ways do look that way at price clubs). Hmmrph. Lotsa MA plates in the parking lot of the Nashua BJ's. Don't the libs *like* paying taxes?
I'm one of thoose "MAss holes" that makes the NH BJ's run.Not all us Ma**h***s @ BJ's are "LIbs" .As for pay'in taxes,I won't go there! We usually hit Portsmouth once a month,I can't seem to get out of there for under $500, no matter how many cupons & BJ's Reward Checks I accumulate.

P.S. I Love the "Granite" state not just BJ's,its no income/sales tax the fireworks stands.gun restrictions (or lack there of),tattoos,cheap beer &tobbacco,headshops,lack of significant major crime,high employment rates,low numbers of undocumented illegal aliens,good schools and more!

Nope not on a trailer just on a bed of gravel, I live within a county jurisdiction so no town or city code enforcement types to deal with and beyond that Its not their land and according to law their codes don't apply unless they have an interest in the property and since they don't own it they KTFO (Keep the F*** Out).

I agree with the ignition components not required as the truck in the pic above is a M1008 CUCV ex military 5/4 ton with the 6.2L diesel and a T400, NP208 TC, D60 Front, 14B rear.

Nice,Is that on a trailer chassis? I'm wondering if local code enforcement/fire dept. requires permitting for fuel storage for that kind of volume, if its on a trailer its the whole plated haz-mat,DOT- BS! It would be nice to be under the radar,since your now the "Octane Guy" (WSHTF). I'd love to dig a hole,burry a tank & have a Bio-Diesel "Well". I'm getting away from gasoline,its to volatile,dosn't store well (w/all the ethanol) & you don't get sh*t for mileage.Its nice not needing sparkplugs,caps & rotors, ignition wires and expensive tune-up parts for your vehicles.

I'm one of thoose "MAss holes" that makes the NH BJ's run.Not all us Ma**h***s @ BJ's are "LIbs" .As for pay'in taxes,I won't go there! We usually hit Portsmouth once a month,I can't seem to get out of there for under $500, no matter how many cupons & BJ's Reward Checks I accumulate.

P.S. I Love the "Granite" state not just BJ's,its no income/sales tax the fireworks stands.gun restrictions (or lack there of),tattoos,cheap beer &tobbacco,headshops,lack of significant major crime,high employment rates,low numbers of undocumented illegal aliens,good schools and more!

Sorry man, I wasn't throwing rocks at you. I lived in MA for 26 years, I know all about it. If you ever want to come on up, we sure could use a few more like you...

Sorry man, I wasn't throwing rocks at you. I lived in MA for 26 years, I know all about it. If you ever want to come on up, we sure could use a few more like you...

Dude,I know that! .....I love ruffuling feathers. Live Free or Die!!

Nope not on a trailer just on a bed of gravel, I live within a county jurisdiction so no town or city code enforcement types to deal with and beyond that Its not their land and according to law their codes don't apply unless they have an interest in the property and since they don't own it they KTFO (Keep the F*** Out).

I agree with the ignition components not required as the truck in the pic above is a M1008 CUCV ex military 5/4 ton with the 6.2L diesel and a T400, NP208 TC, D60 Front, 14B rear.

I got ya! I see now your in Calli.
That's a great work truck! I have a little newer civillian version w/ the Imperial Japanese Duramax engine,its super quiet & powerful and is complimented nicely w/the allison tranny.
It is not as beefy as your work hoarse however, solid front axles rule!
I'm guessing that being in Arnie land you don't have a snowplow on it.Plows are essential here,but could come in useful for "Parting the seas" through angry mobs & offer some radiator protection against small arms rounds,I know some "Mad man" who makes his own hvy.reloads is reading this w/ a smile right now.

P.S.the Turbo 400's are arguably "Bulletproof"[wink]

This truck does not have a plow on it at the moment but it does have the mounts for a 9ft or so western blade.

I was plowing up until about a month or so ago, every time we had a storm.

The other CUCV's I own have mounts for the electronic shelters on them.
Like this one its a M1028 CUCV.
M1028CUCV.jpg

I got ya! I see now your in Calli.
That's a great work truck! I have a little newer civilian version w/ the Imperial Japanese Duramax engine,its super quiet & powerful and is complimented nicely w/the allison tranny.
It is not as beefy as your work hoarse however, solid front axles rule!
I'm guessing that being in Arnie land you don't have a snowplow on it.Plows are essential here,but could come in useful for "Parting the seas" through angry mobs & offer some radiator protection against small arms rounds,I know some "Mad man" who makes his own hvy.reloads is reading this w/ a smile right now.

P.S.the Turbo 400's are arguably "Bulletproof"[wink]

I was plowing up until about a month or so ago, every time we had a storm.

The other CUCV's I own have mounts for the electronic shelters on them.
Like this one its a M1028 CUCV.

Yup, I don't always put Kalifornia & $now together. You got a good money maker there.Its nice not needing a computer to fix your rigs too.

Thoose electronic shelter boxs,if its what I'm thinking of they are incredable!
You can "pimp your shelter" into an EMP proof camper,w/ all the comforts.
(ElectroMagneticPulse?)
Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
I have a pair of them left from my days of buying and selling military surplus.
At the time 15 or so years ago I paid 50.00 a pop for them now I hardly see them at all and when I do they are somewhere between $1K and $1.5K.
M250CommunicationShelter.jpg

Yup, I don't always put Kalifornia & $now together. You got a good money maker there.Its nice not needing a computer to fix your rigs too.

Thoose electronic shelter boxs,if it what I'm thinking of are incredible!
You can "pimp your shelter" into an EMP proof camper,w/ all the comforts.

Keep up the good work!

Wow! Just what I was think'in of.They have alumn.skin w/some ridgid insulation to protect from EMP,corrosion,magnets etc.Yea great winter project for a SHTF self contained camper/shelter.Probally just big enough to sleep 2 adults though.
WTF you got it all,Is your wife a supermodel who owns a liquor store too?

I wouldn't say I have it all, But I do like the idea of the shelters being EMP proof.

Wife is gorgeous Italian, and a great cook!!!

Wow! Just what I was think'in of.They have alumn.skin w/some ridgid insulation to protect from EMP,corrosion,magnets etc.Yea great winter project for a SHTF self contained camper/shelter.Probably just big enough to sleep 2 adults though.
WTF you got it all,Is your wife a supermodel who owns a liquor store too?

Back
Top Bottom