• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mother of Ethan Song takes to Twitter to push for Gun Storage Law(s)

Maybe her son should have taken the NRA safety course as well.

He would be alive today.

Anti attitudes take another life.

If a 15 year old gets a hold of a gun, puts it to their head and pulls the trigger, I'm not sure any amount of NRA safety or anything else would save them.
People who want to kill themselves are going to find a way to do it, regardless of laws, whatever temporarily blocks them.
Think of suicidal people along the same lines as a criminal: they could care less about your stupid rules and laws.
How to prevent things like this is the next step in the struggle.
It doesn't start with taking everyone else's rights away.
I'm going to guess absent the fact this was some really stupid kids playing Russian Roulette, there are parts of the story in this kids life that we are not being told.

If a 15 year old gets a hold of a gun, puts it to their head and pulls the trigger, I'm not sure any amount of NRA safety or anything else would save them.
People who want to kill themselves are going to find a way to do it, regardless of laws, whatever temporarily blocks them.
Think of suicidal people along the same lines as a criminal: they could care less about your stupid rules and laws.
I'm going to guess absent the fact this was some really stupid kids playing Russian Roulette, there are parts of the story in this kids life that we are not being told.
Yup. Couldn’t agree more….

While it's easy to criticize the keys being in close proximity to the locked firearm. How many keeps the keys to their gun safe, gun cabinet, gun locks somewhere in the home? Keep them in an easy to access location close by where the firearms are stored? Keep them in a desk or nightstand drawer? Keep them in the same room as the guns or down the hall from the guns?

The keys were in the same box the lockbox were in. That is like none of the examples you gave. That is like leaving the key to the safe tied to a string attached to the safe. 1 key to my gun safe, on my person 24/7.

If one looks at the mother's other statement(s), particularly her comments after settling with the gun owner for $1 million, they'll see what the next step will be. Hold the gun owner responsible simply for having the gun in the home.

The homowner is liable for his children's actions. Which includes showing off the firearm. That is the take away from this. Make sure your kids know not only safe firearms handling, but not to let people know where firearms are + how to access them.

As already point out, her desire for government to mandate how people store their guns is affecting people who don't even have kids and may not ever have kids in their home. And as we saw in CT, her group relentlessly demands the "safe storage" laws be expanded every year. Because of her group, CT has gone from having the gun locked up if a 16 year old or younger lives in the home, to an 18 year old or younger in the home, to everyone has to lock up their guns even if they don't have kids in the home. No doubt next legislative session, next month, they'll be back with more demands.
I personally am in favor of removing all warning labels and "protections" and bringing back Darwin Awards for Humanity.

Another good reason why negotiating "common sense" on gun control issues will be concluded when there is nothing left in your safe, except for maybe a wrist rocket or some throwing stars.

This is another angle of the gun grabbers...they want the whole pie and every time we give in you lose a little more until the next time they want you to forfeit more rights.

They want the whole pie, including the sugar, flour and the apples so you are left with nothing.
Give ‘em he beans!!

f***ing loser offed himself, liberal communist parents should follow his lead, rather than make real people suffer. That’s all there is to it.

f*** those communists, they’re the worst kind, the ones that use their kids deaths to push more communism.

Should I tell y’all how I really feel or leave it at that?!?!!

Last edited:
Accidental self-shootings fall so low on the “risk of death” list that she should also demand all scissors be blunt to avoid death by falling on them while running.

f***ing loser offed himself, liberal communist parents that should follow his lead, rather than make real people suffer. That’s all there is to it.

f*** those communists, they’re the worst kind, the ones that use their kids deaths to push more communism.

Let me guess: The in-laws are on their way over to stay at your place for a few days? [laugh]

f***ing loser offed himself, liberal communist parents should follow his lead, rather than make real people suffer. That’s all there is to it.

Damn you really letting your nuts hang

So the kid committed suicide and it’s someone else’s fault??

It certainly ins't the parent that is suing's fault, right????

While every person makes their own choices, you can't help feeling responsible as a parent. Now, if you go and blame everyone else, you're a dirtbag. See: Mormons with hte 8yo shot in AZ nearby. So if you're blaming others, maybe you F'd up and you can't see it or you don't want to admit it.

I knew this guy - he's gotta be early 70's by now. Anyhow, he had 3 kids. Oldest is special needs. So I get it. House is not hte best environment for the younger two. But damn. He F'd up the other 2 kids something fierce. And never ever ever EVER said, "damn, maybe I should have done a better job." He spouted some "We did our best" bullspit. No he didn't. He was MIA most of the time working on multiple failed businesses. What is strange is HIS dad was a peach. A true family man. It was completely lost on Sonnyboy and then the grandkids end up just barely scraping by.

Last time I talked with him was probably 2-3 years ago and the daughter was doing OK but the son was just completely F'ing things around. . . again. He had to be close to 40 and still didn't have a real job or career.

I'd be in the fetal position for pretty much forever if that was my kid. What did I do wrong? How did I not set him up to succeed in life?

Possibly same with this parent - just sees the other people and never acknowledges that maybe there was something they could have done earlier in life. Or maybe not. But I'm betting they didn't even try that hard.

Those that say, "We did our best" never ever do. Those that do their best are ALWAYS looking to try harder. Always.

Accidental self-shootings fall so low on the “risk of death” list that she should also demand all scissors be blunt to avoid death by falling on them while running.
A close second - falling on your pointy neck ornamentation, stabbing yourself in the chest.

Back
Top Bottom