Most of the small game opened in MA

Mike-Mike

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
I was out all morning and all I got was wet. Saw lots of deer sign and turkey prints. Anyone get any cottontails or birds?

Happy to say I limited out on pheasants by 0930. I was in the field at official sunrise (0706) and got my first shot at 0725 - some guy's dog put the bird up a couple hundred yards from me and she flew right to me. I don't think the guy ever saw the bird because no one took a shot. Next bird was sitting right next to the trail - I don't like ground shooting birds, so I got close and went "booga booga booga" and she flew up and Bang.

Nice way to spend the morning of your birthday.

....lol

i fell into a hole about 3 feet deep that couldn't be seen because of the brush and briers

when walking in to the area a rooster was flushed by a dog toward us and his owner shot it, yes towards us.

when leaving, my friend and i had just talked to a guy who said his dog flushed 2 birds which he missed. we walk around the corner of the field onto the main path out of the WMA, i unload my shotty, i have the shells IN MY HAND putting them in my pocket. BOOM!! the guy we talked to missed another bird. the rooster flew right towards us, beside us and ahead of us right down the path in the direction we were headed. since i had just unloaded my shotty i didn't get a shot. the bird flew right down the path to a father and son who were walking in, the father nailed it. i learned a great lesson though, never unload till you get back to the car!

Back
Top Bottom