Mosin Nagant - Remington made for the Boy Scouts - what is it worth?

Very interesting rifles and a good thread. I am sure you are being inundated with offers via PM. I would put them on GB and let them get the highest bidder. That way you will know what they are worth. But if you want a quick sale there are collectors here who will give you a fair offer. Good luck and thanks for posting an interesting rifle.

They have a bolt rifle with a value of $2117

700 Tactical

Now you understand why my friend didn't just jump at the offer, they (Remington) know some significance to these rifles that we don't. Some people posted some good info for us, we thank you for that. I've always found the NES community to be very knowledgable. I am going to delve into this more for my friend.

I have three Remington, one SA marked. The other two never made it out of the states. GB did have a cadet rifle for sale however one of them had no front sight??? I don't mean the post was missing nothing????

These are very interesting and would suggest your friend let Remington have one for their museum before they re classified an AW[laugh].

If you post it on an auction site just remember its gone forever. Even if your friend is not a collector I still don't get why he would not keep one just for the history of the rifle if for nothing else. But heck that's just me.

If its all matching non import you may get as much as .........not even going there. I have seen people buy run of the mill Mosins for $500 thinking they were rare.

They look to be in great condition and should fetch a good price.

I would suggest you post pics on Gunboards and ask Vic. He may know some background on the rifles.

Either way, nice Remington's for those of us who are hopelessly addicted to Mosins!!![wink]

With permission, I have already linked pics over on Gunboards and 7.62X54r forums.

Not much response yet. But Ted and Radom have been asking for positive proof that these style of Cadet rifles were actually used for drill and training purposes. I think this "Boyce's Tigers" gun might just solidify the history.

Remington Cadet Rifle, No. 322 -New Service Info, post#3

Remington Armory Cadet Rifle, No. 322

As usual martin outstanding post on the other forum. After all my years of collecting Mosins I learn something new once in a while and it makes collecting even more enjoyable. Thank you my friend.

Back
Top Bottom