Mosin Nagant info Please.

i just picked up a Mosin Nagant that looks almost like my 91/30 except
that this one has a little beefier butt, a hex reciever, and it has steel sling
swivels instead of the elongated slots for the dog-coller sling set-up.
and there is a circle with an upside down pyramid with a "T" also a square
with CA in it!! the date is 1943, i thought Tula arsenal was circle with
a right side up pyramid and a "T" in it???????? oh well i think i need some
education on this beauty, it has a perfect bore! i would appreciate any
information if you have any thanks again
Sheriff Dudley

You have a Finn Mosin-Nagant, but it is hard to tell from your description if it is a 91/30 or a M39. The letters in the box are "SA" and are the Finn army property mark. The upside down triangle with a T is the symbol for Tikka. Your heavy stock and hex receiver sound like a 39. The barrel should have a date on it in the 1940's if it is a 39. If the front band is a clamp type band and has solid wings with windage screws on either side, you probably have a 39. Congratulations, Finns are probably the best of all the Mosins and are usually good shooters.[grin]

K31

Ditto on it sounding like a Finn M39. Is there by any chance a B or D anywhere on the barrel shank?
And does it look kinda like this?
663956b0.jpg

Man I have to meet up at HHRG with you Sheriff!!

My enfield and new garand are just asking for a workout and I would love to have someone there with a bit more experience ...and to check out the goods :)

Mosin Info Please

Great Info guys but i know for sure its not a Finn -39 because i have one of those, the reciever end of the stock looks exactly like my 91/30 and like i said the butt end is a little beefier and the metal sling swivels are on the underside of the stock, not the side like the M-39! i thought i had a Finn
but i was not quite sure " Tikka " HuH, i think i like this one allready but
i just got it last night so i have not shot it yet, the Finns that i have had
and have now love .308Dia bullets i think i will try some of those in this
beauty this week end, hopefully!! and also D-Packman send me your
phone number and i will make sure i meet you over at the HHRG i only
live a mile away S.D. [email protected]

Mosin Nagant info

Well you guys did it again! i went to the web site that weer,d beard just
put on his answer and BINGO i see the exact rifle its a "late Model Finish"
1943 made at the ( Tikkakoski) arsenal) its a M91 thank you all for the help

Sheriff Dudley

Well you guys did it again! i went to the web site that weer,d beard just
put on his answer and BINGO i see the exact rifle its a "late Model Finish"
1943 made at the ( Tikkakoski) arsenal) its a M91 thank you all for the help

Sheriff Dudley

And if ya wanna sell it you know which guys to talk to.[smile]

mosin nagant info

If I don't see pics of it in the gallery, I won't be pleased!

Arrrr

i wish i had the know-how to do that picture thingy!! i am going to have to get some instuction. oh by the way as beautiful as the bore is on this finn
as my best buddy says " She,s a Keepa" besides i only have three M/Ns
a 91/30 dark bore, a nice M39 and this late 1943 M91 finn and i just moved in my 6th safe today so it has a home!! thanks guys, OH by the way have
any of you picked up one of the Russion Sniper rifles from (you know who)
for $339.95?? any reports?? i saw one at collectors militer/Afordable in
Pelham, Nice Glass,packed with ruski paperwork S.D.

i wish i had the know-how to do that picture thingy!! i am going to have to get some instuction. oh by the way as beautiful as the bore is on this finn
as my best buddy says " She,s a Keepa" besides i only have three M/Ns
a 91/30 dark bore, a nice M39 and this late 1943 M91 finn and i just moved in my 6th safe today so it has a home!! thanks guys, OH by the way have
any of you picked up one of the Russion Sniper rifles from (you know who)
for $339.95?? any reports?? i saw one at collectors militer/Afordable in
Pelham, Nice Glass,packed with ruski paperwork S.D.

I've got a super easy way to post pictures and can walk ya through it if you don't follow what I'm saying in the next info. Take pics of whatever you want using a 35mm camera, even a disposable one will do. Bring the film to a local photo place like CVS and tell the photo clerk you want a picture CD.
When you get the pictures back (by the way, I use the prints for records of firearms for insurance, etc.) you'll have a set of prints plus a CD with all the pictures on it. Load the CD in your computer, install the Kodak software if you want (but you don't have to) and use photobucket to host them.
www.photobucket.com is easy to use and free if you don't load up a bunch of pictures. You can set up an account, use the browse feature to scan your computer and choose pics from the photo CD. Once you upload the pics from photobucket, just use the resizing option in the edit feature that specifies message board size. Then copy and paste the IMG link at the bottom of each picture.
Its a lot easier than it sounds. If I can do it, anyone can. All of my pics have been with a 35mm camera and photo CD. The kid at the local CVS is a gun nut too and looks forward to me coming in with a new roll of film. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom