More cops shooting through windshield - and partner too

67ray

NES Member
Here not just the officer driving but the officer in the passenger seat with AR-15 is shooting through the windshield

This seems like a clear instance of reckless endangerment. That cop sent a shitload of roads downrange while driving thru a dense urban area. If you watch as he approaches the driver when they kill him and just after and look closely at the truck, you'll notice the rear window is still intact and I didnt see impacts on the tailgate. Having shot a lot of vehicles, I can tell you the holes should be very evident. Basically they shot probably 30-100 rounds randomly into a neighborhood.

Good use of cover/concealment while reloading and maneuvering when they finally got the truck stopped. Other than that frankly both cops should be charged for firing while driving.

ETA: Just looked up story and read description on YouTube. They were in fact fired and charged. Good.

1 Anaheim officer fired, 1 on leave after 76 gunshots fired at fleeing driver in busy residential neighborhood – Orange County Register

The victim’s parents signed a ‘shoot-on-sight’ warrant when they called PD with that description.

Nava, who had a history of drug use, lived with his family in the 500 block of South West Street, the letter said. According to DA’s Office investigators, his parents called police on July 21, 2018, worried that he had been acting strangely and arguing with a brother. They warned police that Nava appeared to have a knife and gun in his truck, according to the letter.

Officers Staymates and Pedersen arrived in the “heavily populated” neighborhood at about 9:45 a.m., investigators wrote in the letter, and saw Nava sitting in the driver’s seat of a white Chevrolet S10 pickup truck. Nava spotted the officers and drove off before they could block him in with their patrol car, according to the DA’s Office.

So is shooting through the windshield the norm now?

Greg

Only while driving, bro. LOL

WTF were they thinking. Well, Ossfier Driver that is. I think the other guy got guilted into shooting.

JFC, is this a joke? These guys are imbeciles. They both belong in prison. They must both be deaf now.

Let's hope they are deaf and even if ruled that they are cleared (which I find hard to believe) their disability will cause them to NOT be back on the street. I'd begrudgingly rather pay their DI for the next 50 years than have them on the street.

Worst case of lack of good judgement i have ever seen, by a professional.

Where did he think his rounds were going, after the 3rd empty mag? Densely populated neighborhood, oncoming traffic.... did he think he was trying to shoot down the Red Baron from his biplane at 10,000 ft?

Last edited:
holy sht that was nuts, the people along that route must have been ducking rounds all over. No idea why you would unload from a position where you have less of a chance of hitting your target than winning mega millions. Not to mention when they get out of the car the shooting seemed a bit excessive at the end when the guy looked dead and they pumped several more into him. Too bad there is not another camera angle showing if indeed the perp engaged them when he stopped. Either it was a damn mess...

Yeah, pretty insane. I can usually at least find some type of logic in why officers do certain things that most of NES disagrees with. Here..... Not a chance. These guys are straight up R Tards. Aside from the bunch of rounds coming from a moving vehicle in a populated area, why wouldn't the driver just drive and let the passenger cover the vehicle with the AR.... Very stupid.

911 what is the problem? I would like to report a drive by shooting. 911 tell me what you saw. There were 2 men in a 4 door sedan chasing and shooting at a guy in a pickup truck! 911 what else can you tell me. Both of the men were shooting through the windshield at the truck! 911 did you see what kind of guns they were using? One had a AR15, the other one had a handgun. 911 what color was the car? It was black and white! 911 never mind. It was just us.

Charge them for shooting the guy?? I guess not. Charge them with reckless endangerment of the entire city of Los Angeles?? Throw the whole bookcase at them for that.

Holy crap. I was wondering... how much does the bullet accuracy get reduced when it first has to pass through a windshield? Anyone know? I'm thinking its trajectory when exiting the other side of the windshield would have been randomized a bit and going in a different angle than when it started?

But wow... that's retarded. I wonder how long they are going to be deaf for. It would seem to make more sense for AR cop to lean out the window and fire from there, perhaps at tires if not the perp himself.

Or they could have not driven around shooting at all, seeing how they were the only people doing any shooting. It’s not like the guy they were shooting at was blasting away at them himself.

But I suppose police scattering 60 rounds or whatever throughout the neighborhood is far safer than just the thought of someone else maybe wanting to shoot.

Meanwhile we shouldn't be allowed to talk on the phone while driving. Of course they are professionals.
TALK all you want. It is the freaking dialing/texting/surfing instead of driving $hi! that has to end.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Ya, dumb move by officer friendly to be playing FPS games behind the wheel.

holy sht that was nuts, the people along that route must have been ducking rounds all over. No idea why you would unload from a position where you have less of a chance of hitting your target than winning mega millions. Not to mention when they get out of the car the shooting seemed a bit excessive at the end when the guy looked dead and they pumped several more into him.

Hard to tell but it sounds like Officer AR-15 serves and protects the dead dude another 4 or 5 rounds when he's lying on the ground. Or maybe I just don't understand what I'm hearing at that point. I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom