• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moms, lawmaker address gun violence on Beacon Hill

The irony here is that these ****in idiots don't gather that, based on rough demographic impressions, I'd say there are more gun owners walking around in Dunkins than Starbucks. Morons. I hate these people.

*FEDERAL- U.S. Congressman John Tierney, from our great state of Massachusetts, just introduced a very interesting new bill in Congress requiring*that all newly manufactured handguns be personalized so they could only be operated by authorized users.

This technology would protect law enforcement officers from having their guns used against them, would protect gun owners whose guns are stolen from being used in a crime, and would protect children and families from accidental shootings. Last week Congressman Tierney invited both Moms Demand Action founder Shannon Watts and Stop Handgun Violence founder John Rosenthal to speak on the press call which*introduced his new legislation. Very exciting that he reached out to us to help him gain support, and it is a fantastic bill!-

Oh how awesome, were living in fantasy land now, will these new guns also have the ability shock the shit out of a bad guy when he grabs it from you, just so the bad guy cant beat the shit out of you with it after it fails to recognize its you, its master,

"im sorry dave, i'm afrade i cant let you do that" "damn it hal"

Last edited:
VS.

rally-crowd-1-19-13.jpg

I think we took home the win

g.[/QUOTE]

holy shit im famous

Oh how awesome, were living in fantasy land now, will these new guns also have the ability shock the shit out of a bad guy when he grabs it, you know so the bad guy cant beat the shit out of you with it after it fails to recognize its you its master,

"im sorry dave, i'm afrade i cant let you do that" "damn it hal"

I think we need to call these "Moms" and tell them how Super Smart they are and that we totally support immediately replacing all police officers' guns with these personalized "smart guns" (because we need to keep the police safe first!) and that they should push this issue really hard.

Law Enforcement will have a fit and these crazy women will get smacked down hard. :)

Heres the Moms plan after the New Hampshire defeat

Our Next Steps and Actions:Several*brand-new opinion polls*find strong public support for expanded gun sale background checks and other commonsense gun laws.*We’re going to keep up the pressure on Senator Ayotte with actions on May 28 and June 14 (details are in the event and action calendar, below).

You’re also encouraged to attend our next action planning and brainstorming meeting in Concord on June 9 – we’ve added a conference call option this month for people who can’t participate in the face-to-face meeting. And don’t forget that you’re invited to join us at the community forum hosted by Temple Beth Jacob on Sunday, June 2, in Concord.*

Please keep going – and let’s show the skeptics who say our movement will soon fade away that we will not stop caring, we will not stop organizing, we will not stop engaging with people in our communities, and we will never stop spreading the message that now is the time to address the heartbreaking human cost of gun violence in America.

NEW BOSTON EFFORTS BY THE ANTI 2A CROWD

STATE:
We have still not received the dates of the 5 hearings expected to take place this summer and fall regarding new gun legislation in Massachusetts. We will tell you when we know the dates so that we can pack the hearing rooms!

CALL TO ACTION: CONTACT STATE REP. HAROLD NAUGHTON 617-722-2230
Not only is Rep. Naughton a co-chair of the Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security which is responsible for bringing new gun bills to the floor in MA, he is now a possible candidate for Lieutenant Governor. This means that he will need support (and votes) from ALL citizens of the Commonwealth. Please contact Rep. Naughton's office and tell his staff that as a member of the Massachusetts Chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, you will be watching for his FULL SUPPORT of new gun safety legislation in the coming months. Rep. Naughton's office is definitely hearing from gun-rights groups who do not want more gun laws. Please help us keep his phone ringing on the side of "gun-sense".

FEDERAL:
Senators Manchin and Toomey, who sponsored the background check bill in the U.S. Senate, have NOT given up on this bill and are amassing support so that they can bring it back for a vote at the right time. In addition, we are still advocating for members of the House of Representatives to sign on as co-sponsors of the King-Thompson background check bill. All of the Massachusetts delegates have signed on, but we definitely need Representatives from other states to co-sponsor so that the bill can gain momentum.

CALL TO ACTION: KIDS TAKE THE HILL! Help a Boston area first grader hand-deliver as many letters as possible to U.S. Senators and Representatives when he visits their offices in June!
A Moms Demand Action family will be visiting Washington D.C. in mid-June and their first grade son will hand-deliver letters to legislators asking for common sense gun safety legislation to protect children. Since Massachusetts legislators have been supporting such bills, please write your senator or representative and thank him/her for their support. Tell them how important this issue is to you! Tell your friends and family members in other states to do the same. You can mail these letters to the family of the first-grader by June 11 and they will hand-deliver letters to legislators from any state. The letters can be mailed to:
HP Biemann 12 Traill St. Cambridge, MA. 02138

IT'S WORKING:
The Corporate Responsibility Campaign of Moms Demand Action is getting noticed! Our tweets were favorited by IKEA, Square, and Peet's Coffee. That means their thousands of Twitter followers saw our tweets. And both Maryland and Delaware recently passed stronger gun laws at the state level.

NEW BOSTON EFFORTS BY THE ANTI 2A CROWD

IT'S WORKING:
The Corporate Responsibility Campaign of Moms Demand Action is getting noticed! Our tweets were favorited by IKEA, Square, and Peet's Coffee. That means their thousands of Twitter followers saw our tweets. And both Maryland and Delaware recently passed stronger gun laws at the state level.

well now im going to shoot my bedroom set!

I think we need to call these "Moms" and tell them how Super Smart they are and that we totally support immediately replacing all police officers' guns with these personalized "smart guns" (because we need to keep the police safe first!) and that they should push this issue really hard.

Law Enforcement will have a fit and these crazy women will get smacked down hard. :)

Agreed. What's crazy is if giving the option of having this non existing technology ill bet cops wouldn't want it. Think about the fact that the gun Will have to make a determination as to whether the user is correct or not. I can't imagine that the determination will be instantaneous so there will be a delay. That delay could cost a cop or a law abiding citizen their life.

It's too bad the "Moms Demand Action" *******s blocked me on Twitter. I rather enjoyed tearing their stupidity apart.

I like their use of children, because obviously gun owners don't have kids.

Jesus these yenta housewives are insufferable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The media will not help us, but the pols (the ones that care) will know the difference. We need to keep the pressure on them.

+1 Exactly correct. The media can spin this anyway it wants but the pols know the real story.

Now if we could just get that tool Linsky voted out of office.

This made me laugh:
“For example, many moms are unaware that if they take their children to a Starbucks in a state that allows open carry of guns, their children may be standing next to a customer who has a loaded weapon.”*We have been crossing the street to get our coffee at Dunkin, instead of Starbucks, since we found this out! And tweeting to Starbucks about it.

How many Moms are risking their kids LIVES by crossing the street - instead of staying put in Starbucks where it is quite possible that they might be standing next to a gun owner who has had a background check, and is very likely to protect them should the SHTF.

People think strangely sometimes.

This made me laugh:

How many Moms are risking their kids LIVES by crossing the street - instead of staying put in Starbucks where it is quite possible that they might be standing next to a gun owner who has had a background check, and is very likely to protect them should the SHTF.

People think strangely sometimes.

They should go to mission hill, heath street in Roxbury or mattapan with their kiddies and see how comfortable they are. Or go to the gun control mecca of Chicago and get coffee.

Back
Top Bottom