Model 1 Sales

They make good products, but are hard to reach because they're one of the busiest parts houses for ARs out there right now.

i've nothing but bad luck. never get through, phone is always busy, no word on when and if i'll get my upper. i can't even get a cancellation confirmation, so my $$$ has been in limbo for 180+ days

thumbs down from me.

I bought a standard A2 buttstock from them a few weeks ago. I was told it might take two weeks, but it arrived in about ten days. The price was about 2/3 of what other suppliers are charging. The buttplate doesn't exactly match the stock contour, but for the price I'm not complaining.

i've nothing but bad luck. never get through, phone is always busy, no word on when and if i'll get my upper. i can't even get a cancellation confirmation, so my $$$ has been in limbo for 180+ days

thumbs down from me.

They don't whack your CC until they ship, so how is your $$$ tied up?

I have bought 5 kits or uppers from them over the years plus several smaller items, they've always done right by me.

They don't whack your CC until they ship, so how is your $$$ tied up?

I have bought 5 kits or uppers from them over the years plus several smaller items, they've always done right by me.

i used my debit card.

granted, I have two layers of overdraft protection, but it's money out there that could potentially come out when i least expect it.

whatever,

i don't like being in the dark is all i'm saying. an ETA is all I've ever wanted. be it 6 months or 6 years.

thumbs down from me. [frown]

180 days? ....[shocked]

I was going to order 3 barrels.

more info please...

i placed an order on:

Oct / Nov time

rec'd confirmation the same

nothing since. i've called, i've e-mailed and called some more. for a while, i'd call three times a day. -not worth it.

funny, i just went to look through my e-mail for an exact order confirmation date and it seems i accidentally deleted it [laugh]

again, if you don't mind being in the dark, go right ahead.

Great company to deal with but, they are swamped. Last I knew, they were working on builds that were ordered in the end of Nov. I ordered a 20" barrel and am expecting an 18-20 week wait. Exactly one year ago I ordered a 16" upper from them, took less than a week, lol.

Last summer both of my builds were on my doorstep in less than a week as well.

It's fine to be irritated, but, quite frankly, I think they're all geared towards getting stuff built and shipped. They must get hundreds, perhaps more emails every day, plus a similar number of calls.

Debit Card

Hi Jay,

I used my debit card and they were very upfront that they wont charge the card until it's almost ready to ship.

They even suggested that I put a note on the order to call me before just to be sure funds are still available.

They also said it would be six months. Which I didn't think was too bad, considering some companies I heard were at like 18 months.

David

I ordered an ACE Stock, Buffer Tube, Buffer & Spring from Model1 about 1.5 months back. All for $90 seemed like a good deal to me. Ordered via phone (looking back, I'm surprised I got through the first time). They told me flat out that they had the parts in stock but it would be 3-4 weeks before they would ship due to their backlog of orders. They also said they wouldn't charge my card until they ship.

3.5 weeks later they charge my card, but the parts didn't show up for 1+ week. Started trying to get in touch with them via phone with a busy signal. Tried ~10 times a day for about 5 days. Finally I got through.

Turns out, they DID ship my ACE stock on the date they charged my card. BUT, UPS sent it to the wrong person! They appologized many times over and sent me the parts right away (~3 days) with a free T-Shirt.

So, for me, it could have been better, could have been worse. If I were to order from them, I would only order small parts ($100+/-), not uppers. But that's just me.

Last summer both of my builds were on my doorstep in less than a week as well.

It's fine to be irritated, but, quite frankly, I think they're all geared towards getting stuff built and shipped. They must get hundreds, perhaps more emails every day, plus a similar number of calls.

i know, OP asked what our experience was. i posted mine, again... no biggie

Hi Jay,

I used my debit card and they were very upfront that they wont charge the card until it's almost ready to ship.

They even suggested that I put a note on the order to call me before just to be sure funds are still available.

They also said it would be six months. Which I didn't think was too bad, considering some companies I heard were at like 18 months.

David

they can still KMA. [rofl]

it's not that serious. i'm just sharing my experience with the OP, he can make his own decision.

it does irritate the hell outta me that they don't update their crappy website.

say, like another vendor that clearly says "NO MATTER WHAT THE WAIT, ALL ORDERS bla bla bla bla".....

Back
Top Bottom