MIT Flea This Sunday 5/19

That's what I hear. I'm taking my test tomorrow, so this will be my first. Looking to pickup a decent power supply.

I've been a couple of times. I bought a route 69 street sign once. A lot of old school video games at stupid prices. I'm not much of a HAM / radio guy (yet) so I don't know what they've got. Some circuit board components (ICs, interconnects and other misc.) Don't forget to print out the flyer for $1 off admission. Parking map: http://web.mit.edu/w1mx/www/swapfest/buyers-parking.pdf

From my experience, it looks like a lot of junk. No guns or knives [laugh]

Typical attendees - good luck with that!

3986270000-serena-man-propeller-cap.jpg

If I don't have anything to do I might just stop by. Do they have much HAM equipment there?

Good luck.
The parking situation is brutal now that they've put up a building where the parking lot used to be.
I went to a few last year and it was tough to get a spot.
One time I had to park 3 blocks away on Mass ave, and I was lucky to get that spot.
Years ago it was mostly Ham gear, but over time it's become more computer stuff than anything else, and the ham gear is hard to find amongst the other flea market clutter.
However, you never know what you'll find until you get there, but if you're specifically looking for Ham gear you'll likely be disappointed.

I've gotten some good computer gear (network switches, desktops, routers, etc) at the Flea, but that's typically what I'm looking for when I go.

Just passed the technician's exam tonight with a perfect score, so now I'm itching to spend some money.

Back
Top Bottom