• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ham License Class

When I worked for Mass, we had a mount for the laptop that swung over the consol and did not interfere with the person riding in the passenger seat. the top plate could be raised, slanted or rotated.

Keep in mind your call sign connects to your name and address unless you gave them a PO box. If you care to learn CW, the suffix has a nice sound to it.

Congrats, that's nice of them to do that.

Keep in mind your call sign connects to your name and address unless you gave them a PO box. If you care to learn CW, the suffix has a nice sound to it.

Congrats, that's nice of them to do that.
Yeah, when I first saw the call sign I thought there was some kind joke. Many of us here on this site have a very dirty mind.

I am studying now for my technicians now and plan on taking the test i next month, the one question I have is when I file the paperwork on line do I get a P.O. Box or is it not worth worrying about.

I am studying now for my technicians now and plan on taking the test i next month, the one question I have is when I file the paperwork on line do I get a P.O. Box or is it not worth worrying about.
It used to be a rule that you MUST provide your physical address without option - no PO Boxes or anything.
Before responding to this, I did a quick search to see if that is still valid, and it is not.
Even came across this service; Private Mailboxes For Ham Radio Operators | HamVault

But, as ToddDubya said... Most people don't bother.

Good luck!!

UJay

It used to be a rule that you MUST provide your physical address without option - no PO Boxes or anything.
Before responding to this, I did a quick search to see if that is still valid, and it is not.
Even came across this service; Private Mailboxes For Ham Radio Operators | HamVault

But, as ToddDubya said... Most people don't bother.

Good luck!!

UJay
When I became licensed in 2017, PO Boxes were acceptable to get the FRN and ham license. I've had a PO Box ever since I started my first small business back in the 1960s. Where I now live, household mail delivery was badly screwed up the first few years . . . much of the mail I received was for other people, mostly on other streets. So I've re-directed all Mail to the PO Box and only receive unsolicited junk mail at the house.

Thanks for the input. Now to study, take practice test, and program some radios, so I can listen and learn and have some sort of a clue of what I am doing when I pass the test.

Back
Top Bottom