• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ham Deals

Bro, do yourself a solid and peel off the screen protector. It'll set you free.
I was checking where to mount it when I took that picture, the radio is back in the box sitting on my workbench until I tear the machine apart this winter installing other trinkets.

Good luck getting a coordinated 2 meter repeater pair anywhere in the southern half of New England. You might have better luck on 70cm. Just saying.
They have a 2m, 70c, and 1200MHz version. I have noticed a real lack of repeaters in the GHz range around here. Technically we do have a 900MHz repeater nearby, but that's practically HF.

They have a 2m, 70c, and 1200MHz version. I have noticed a real lack of repeaters in the GHz range around here. Technically we do have a 900MHz repeater nearby, but that's practically HF.

For laughs and giggles, I looked at the actual HRO ad. It did show all three repeaters, but the listed part number was clearly for the 2-meter machine, thus my comment.

I used a TS-130 for years as a mobile HF radio after I got tired of having to tune my TS-520 every time I changed freq more than a couple kilohertz (while driving o_O). It worked great...until it didn't ;). It's still in a box somewhere in my barn. That TS-440s was a great radio...I almost bought one when I worked at HRO after they first came out but then soon afterward, Kenwood came out with the TS-850 which blew me away so I bought one...now I have three of them...[rockon]

I used a TS-130 for years as a mobile HF radio after I got tired of having to tune my TS-520 every time I changed freq more than a couple kilohertz (while driving o_O). It worked great...until it didn't ;). It's still in a box somewhere in my barn. That TS-440s was a great radio...I almost bought one when I worked at HRO after they first came out but then soon afterward, Kenwood came out with the TS-850 which blew me away so I bought one...now I have three of them...[rockon]

I've always loved the Kenwood 800 series radios. I was all set to buy an 850 when the 870's came out, so I got that. I currently run an 890 that completely blows me away.

That 440 will make a nice karma for someone, assuming everything works.

I've always loved the Kenwood 800 series radios. I was all set to buy an 850 when the 870's came out, so I got that. I currently run an 890 that completely blows me away.

That 440 will make a nice karma for someone, assuming everything works.
Yep, the 870 is also a great radio...I keep looking at the ones for sale on ebay or QRZ but haven't pulled the trigger on one. I have a DSP-100 that I use with one of my 850's...I guess these are like unicorns. It works well but it certainly isn't necessary to get great results from the 850. I thought I read somewhere that the 870 has the DSP-100 circuit built into it...not sure. I know the TS-950SDX has that circuit in it. I'd love to find one of those 950SDX's at a decent price...unfortunately, they are far and few between at any price.

Not as great as black friday but 15% off select.

CHRISTMAS 2023 SALES​

15% OFF​

Dec. 22nd. - Jan. 2nd​

COUPON: XMAS15​

Not as great as black friday but 15% off select.

CHRISTMAS 2023 SALES​

15% OFF​

Dec. 22nd. - Jan. 2nd​

COUPON: XMAS15​

I may grab a III Portable after I pay everything else down this afternoon, I'd like one to toss up in the trees at my camp site.

HRO has some nice deals on some Yaesu radios right now. The FTM-6000R that will occasionally drop from $300 to $270 is now $240. FTDX-10 is the lowest I've ever seen it, at $1160.

Mustn't. Buy. More. Transceivers.

My current rule is no more transceivers until I find that KX2. I'm not desperate enough yet to buy one retail and wait for it. I want one someone else tricked out and then realized they don't like going outside and want to sell it for a song. Hey, it could happen.

Back
Top Bottom