Mirror shooting

jcr

I don't care who you are, this is just funny...

Pittsburgh Detective Fires At Mirror Reflection
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/cnn-news/17972464/detail.html

"he saw what he thought was a male pointing a semi-automatic pistol at him from the living room area."

He recognized the handgun as semi-automatic, but didn't recognize the guy holding it -- someone whom, presumably, he sees everyday?

A question: Was the "male pointing a ... pistol" shouting, "Police, drop your weapon."

Here's a guy who needs a lot more than a "color of the day".

better the mirror than his partner... [laugh]

i couldn't even imagine that.. going in, chasing a bad guy - so he was probably pumped up and shot.. very probable that this could happen

On a serious note...

It seems that the bad guy had nothing to do with the dwelling. Imagine if the home owner had taken defensive measures to the first guy when the the detective broke in.

What nightmare!

It does bring up serious concerns about training and the horror of how badly it could have turned out. Hope there are some corrective measures taken by the PPD.
On a lighter note, my wife saw the bunny and, being a cat lover, came up with what happens when a cat meets a bunny and a mouse.....

. /\_/\............................................................./\__/\
.(='.'=).....................(\_/)........O_O.......(...........( ='.'= )
.(......)....................(='.'=).......(**)____).........(...........)
.["]_["]~~~~~~..+...(")_(")..+....^^....^ ^....=....["]___["]~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:
It does bring up serious concerns about training and the horror of how badly it could have turned out. Hope there are some corrective measures taken by the PPD.

I am not saying that the shooting was not a mistake but what do you think the "serious concerns" are about training?

What corrective measures do you think could be taken?

Just curious.

I am not saying that the shooting was not a mistake but what do you think the "serious concerns" are about training?

What corrective measures do you think could be taken?

Just curious.

easy tough guy. we are all former special ops here. so we know our caca when it comes to combat.

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

They were given "special training". Its called spray and pray!

[rolleyes] -

absolutly not. the amount of training put in is paramount to any successful mission; even those with minor mistakes.

your mockery (sarcasm) is evident of your lack of understanding

hours / days / weeks are spent rehearsing for a single raid sometimes...

Come on, the average law enforcement officer is a very poor shot, and almost never practices. Spray and pray is the standard, not the exception.

Hours/days/weeks rehearsing ?
Corrective measures? Are you serious?
Some time on the bench, and maybe more training.
Maybe a few more hours/days/weeks rehearsing--and training in identifying your target.

Last edited:
It is clear to me that the presence of full length mirrors in residential areas constitutes a grave danger to law enforcement.

I propose that GOAL contact our law makers and sponsor a bill that would classify mirrors taller than 36" as high capacity and require a special permit issued by the CLEO of the city or town.

At the very least, having prior access to information on the presence of high cap mirrors in a building may help to save the lives of children that may be in rooms beyond the mirror.

It's time that we MAN UP to our responsibilities in this matter and I for one, have already surrendered my high cap mirrors at the local PD. We do retain a hair-check mirror in the foyer measuring 18"x20" and a makeup mirror for my wife measuring 14"x14". The bathroom mirrors had already been removed for unrelated reasons.

Back
Top Bottom