MilSurp of the Month, Spring 2014 - WWII

20mm. The magazine crates are lined with wood and finished with pine tar. When I open the crate my house smells like it for a good while.

3rd entry. Took a while to decide what else to post for this. Easy win could have done all 3 semi converted former mg's lol. But instead, my last remaining original M1903-A4 sniper rifle. Correct in every way except scope rings are vintage commercial, and scope is vintage commercial weaver 330c (many experts argue whether any only used m73b1's or if some commercial ones made it into supply to fill demand due to weaver's slow delivery of optics.)

Not an accurate gun to use as a sniper(as built by military) buy few mods help greatly which can't to to an original. Thus the new made replicas are generally more accurate when bedded ect.

majspud#3: Matching 1939 Sauer S/147 K98k

Surprised myself by not thinking of it earlier. Must be the concussion. For my last entry, my Christmas present last year, a true survivor - an all matching 1939 Sauer (S/147) K98k. Honest wear, dings, and dents. Totally original save three unmarked replacement parts; rear trigger guard screw, band spring (common), and cleaning rod. Action is as smooth as snail snot. Original barrel (1939 lot code) is worn, but sharp, bright and clean with plenty of bullet showing at the crown.

T

Last edited:
majspud#2: As issued 9/43 Remington 1903A3

Changed my mind, as I showed the 98M last time around.

All matching 'R' parts near mint condition as issued 9/43 Remington 1903A3 with green parked receiver and blued barrel and small parts. Ogden, UT, arsenal inspection only. Tiny, near invisible 1.25 inch toe repair on stock with one wood dowel. Added the Remington sight hood, PKW 1944 Web sling, and plastic cleaning kit in butt trap. Very early example of the Type 11 stock with reinforced cross bolts instead of pins. Bore is excellent. I haven't shot it much, but I find the peep rear sight with a blade front sight awkward to get a good sight picture; I like the 'winged' front sight better as with the M1 and M17 as a centering aid.

T

Last edited:
6 Digit M1 Garand

Just finished building this today.

It's a June 1941 receiver I bought off CMP forums a year or so ago. Had a VAR barrel on a Century Arms receiver so I had it swapped over yesterday. Finish matches really nice, waiting on a better op rod. Should be a real nice shooter since the barrel has really good muzzle and throat readings. It's my only Pre-war receiver.

Let's start the voting. Use the post numbers from post #1.

First: Entry #1
Second: Entry #2
Third: Entry #3

Post direct or PM.

T

#1 maninblue1861#3: M1903-A4 original, correct sniper

#2 45collector: 1942 byf (Mauser) P.08 Luger

#3Martin08: Winchester Model 1917. Refurbished at Augusta Arsenal following WWI, and supplied as
lend/lease to the Chinese Nationalists in the early 1940's for aid against Japan.

First - 18. maninblue1861#3: M1903-A4 original, correct sniper

I want one..... so bad.

Second - 15. MattM #1: Lahti l39

Third - 8. maninblue1861: Early Inland M1 Carbine; as it was when it left general motors in around November 1942.

Back
Top Bottom