• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Milford, CT Teen charged with threatening school shooting

Teen charged with threatening school shooting
The Associated Press
Updated: 10/15/2009 07:27:26 AM EDT

MILFORD, Conn.—Milford police say they arrested a 17-year-old boy after he threatened in a Facebook posting to bring a gun to Jonathan Law High School and start shooting.
Officers arrested the teen at the high school Tuesday and charged him with breach of peace. His name was not released, and it wasn't clear if he still attends the high school.

Authorities say the teen was a student at the school when he posted the threat on the social networking Web site in May. School administrators found out about the posting and notified police.

Police say the posting did not mention specific targets. They say the student wrote that he was going to bring a gun to school and "shoot the place up."

The teen was released on a promise to appear in Milford Superior Court on Nov. 4.

had to read that a few times. i'm shocked that they let the kid just walk away like that... you'd think the story was from MA!

Not really that surprising. It was just a "threat" not an actual attempt.

This is probably just some emo kid who has gone off the rails. Now he'll really have something to cry about- a criminal record.

-Mike

WTF that's my hometown!

I'm a product of that school system, Back then we would come to school in the morning straight from the duck blinds. BUT The place has really gone to hell since the yuppies moved up from fairfield county.

Now it is all touchy feely oh poor child you need more attention don't your parents give you any? waa waa. Why aren't you at the riot, go destroy the mall with the other parentless hoods. (pAT ON HEAD). GRRRR Sorry this just touches a nerve.
I got the heck out and only go back for short trips to visit Mom. Shame cause it is beautiful, with the longest shoreline of any CT town.

I still got some contacts there, I'll see what I can dig up for you all to chew on.

Back
Top Bottom