MetroWest Big Shot Challenge LAST CALL!

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Hey, all you Metrowest Trapezoids!

The Trap Committee of Southborough Rod & Gun Club has invited

Ashland
Woodville
Hopkinton Sportsmens
Holliston
Maspenock

To compete for possession of the Big Shot Trophy, Sunday, Oct 20.

I've sent formal (and cool-looking!) Challenges by USPS to all the above clubs, but only got one response, from Woodville. [sad]

If you belong to one of the above Clubs and shoot Trap, see below for some info. PM me with a real email address, and I'll send out the .doc of the paperwork.

We want a BIG shoot!

If you're from another club, and want to shoot, please PM me. I want to keep this a regional event, but if you're geographically close enough, we may be able to get you in.

Here's the text of the Challenge:

The Trap Committee of
Southborough Rod & Gun Club
Hereby Issues This
Challenge
To Your Club to Compete for Possession of the
MetroWest Big Shot Trophy
The Competition to be held at Southborough Rod & Gun Club 254 Fruit St, Hopkinton, MA
Sunday October 20, 2013. Registration at 9:30; first shot at 10:00
Dinner to follow the Event.
Rules of the Event:
 50 Singles (16 yards)
 Teams will consist of Members of whatever Club that they represent. If a shooter belongs to more than one Club, they must declare their allegiance prior to the start of the Event
 Entry Fee is $15/shooter. This includes all targets for record, and the post-event dinner.
 A team may have as many shooters as they wish to field, Novice shooters are encouraged to attend!
 Team score will be the aggregate of the top 5 (five) shooters’ scores for that team.
 In the event of a tie, the score of the next highest shooter will be added, and so on, until a winner is determined.
 If a Club wishes to compete, but has fewer than 5 (five) shooters, the “Missing” scores will be calculated by taking that Team’s lowest score, and subtracting 2 (two) targets; second missing shooter, 3 (three) targets.
 Winning Team will gain Fame and Honor, as well as possession of the Big Shot Trophy for one year. The Winning Club agrees to hold a similar event in approximately one year’s time. If the winning Club is unable to hold such an event, the Trophy will be returned to SRGC, which will host the next event. The winning Team will receive $75 (the entry fee of the top five shooters).
 SRGC is a Green Club, and only no-toxic shot is permitted. Ammo will be available at Members’ price. Practice rounds will be available at Club Member price.
 The Trap Committee of SRGC will direct the event. Rules may be modified up to the time of the first shot.
 Except as noted above, current ATA rules will apply.
 Pre-registration, with a rough head count, is required by October 10. Please contact Mike Pearson at [email protected]
 See you at the Top of the Hill…..and Bring a Team!

Back
Top Bottom