Matches at S&W this weekend?

Anyone have the details on the matches that are suppossed to be happening at S&W this weekend? I'm told there's an IDPA event on Saturday and some kind of shotgun event on Sunday.

With talk of test tunnels and things like that in another thread I suppose I should ask if these are held at the Shooting Sports Center or at the main factory.

As always, thanks.

Steve

Here's what I received regarding the shotgun match:
"Just a quick reminder that this Sunday at S&W Shooting Sports Center, we are doing another man on man shotgun plate match. Registration is at 9 and shooting will start at 9:30. "

There is an IDPA match Saturday morning. For the IPSC matches, they use the two of the front ranges and some other throughout the factory. I imagine they do the same for IDPA.

NickW or Mailmanx would have more info.

OK, thanks. I was thinking about hitting the IDPA match on Saturday but haven't had a chance to try out the new 18" 870 I picked up a while ago. Of course, my wife, who knows I've been jonesing to shoot a match, told me I should go both days.

I don't know if she's trying to get rid of me or just wants to see me happy. Maybe a little from Column A and a little from Column B... :?

So, does anyone know how a "man to man" shotgun match works?

Thanks

Steve

It will probably be something like pepper poppers. Several poppers for each shooter, with the last ones set to overlap, proving who shot it first.

Dan S said:
It will probably be something like pepper poppers. Several poppers for each shooter, with the last ones set to overlap, proving who shot it first.

Gotcha.

Is there any sort of restriction or suggestion as to the type of shells used for that sort of thing?

Steve

Round Gun Shooter said:
Saturday at S&W is a Classifier. You may need to be signed up in advance. Go to www.downzero.com and e mail Harry for info.

Thanks. I think I'm going to just go out for the shotgun match on Sunday. I have some low-recoil Ferderal OO stuff that I hope will be ok for the match. I also have the same type ammo in slugs, but I'd be surprised if thats what was used for this kind of thing.

Steve

I would suggest you bring a box of 7s or 8s (Trap loads) as that is probably what they will use.

If you want to know what you need contact Judith at judith228(AT)comcast.net

Regards,

S&W Matches

Hey everyone,
Just some info on the S&W matches.

I shot the last shotgun match at S&W and it was man v. man on plate racks (I think they are 8" plates.) Started w/ gun shouldered, muzzle on table, safety off, finger OFF trigger. On buzzer, grip it and rip it. 1st one to knock all their plates down (I think there were 6) wins. It was pretty fun. Ammo should be a 3dr. load with 7.5 or 8 size shot. Nothing larger than 7.5's I believe on the steel.

IDPA is the 2nd and 4th Thursday night and the 4th Saturday morning. Check the schedule at downzero.com to confirm dates, because sometimes they change. Usually shoot 3 stages in the main Shooting Sports Center and the academy ranges (the buildings are connected).

The first Sunday of the Month is usually a USPSA match with 5 stages.
Nick-

Back
Top Bottom