• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mastering the Glock Trigger

Wishse

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
This video shares some thoughts on managing the Glock trigger. Specifically how to use the Glocks distinctive tactical trigger reset to improve accuracy and speed. It's a fairly long video showing the process on several Glock pistols. This process works with most semiauto pistols.

http://youtu.be/-x-UbatREbo

I prefer to just slap it straight back when shooting fast. It doesn't really matter anyways, and you're probably fooling yourself if you think you can ride the reset during .2s splits.

Bill, you sound like an outstanding shooter. I would love to shoot accurately at 5 shots a second (.20 seconds per shot). Thanks for watching and commenting!

Last edited:
I just watched shooting with both eyes open. Great advice. I am a left eye dominant right hand shooter, (yes I have every bad shooting technique imaginable) I have been trying the left eye squint to shoot using my right eye and it seems to help considerably. Really enjoy your vids. Keep them coming.

I just watched shooting with both eyes open. Great advice. I am a left eye dominant right hand shooter, (yes I have every bad shooting technique imaginable) I have been trying the left eye squint to shoot using my right eye and it seems to help considerably. Really enjoy your vids. Keep them coming.

Thanks for watching and commenting.

I prefer to just slap it straight back when shooting fast. It doesn't really matter anyways, and you're probably fooling yourself if you think you can ride the reset during .2s splits.

Bill, you sound like an outstanding shooter. I would love to shoot accurately at 5 shots a second (.20 seconds per shot). Thanks for watching and commenting!

Bill is an outstanding shooter.

For me, shorting a 1911 with a nice single action trigger, I can squeeze off a shot, ride the recoil and get the sights back on target while resetting the trigger and quickly squeeze off a second on target shot.

Again, for me, shooting a glock, m&p, or other striker fired gun, I also tend to slap the trigger when shooting fast. As long as its a straight back slap, without disturbing the sights, its ok. If I purposely go slow enough to feel the reset, I tend to then mash the trigger to the rear, pulling a shot low left. I have the apex RAM in my M&P, along with the other goodies, I think I will remove the RAM and try some shooting ignoring the reset

Bill is an outstanding shooter.

For me, shorting a 1911 with a nice single action trigger, I can squeeze off a shot, ride the recoil and get the sights back on target while resetting the trigger and quickly squeeze off a second on target shot.

Again, for me, shooting a glock, m&p, or other striker fired gun, I also tend to slap the trigger when shooting fast. As long as its a straight back slap, without disturbing the sights, its ok. If I purposely go slow enough to feel the reset, I tend to then mash the trigger to the rear, pulling a shot low left. I have the apex RAM in my M&P, along with the other goodies, I think I will remove the RAM and try some shooting ignoring the reset

Good feedback and perspective. I personally am just shooting M&Ps so I have worked ridding the reset. It's not much of an issue now. In fact, I have found this to work VERY well for me but as you pointed out it's not for everyone. Thanks again for your insight... stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom