• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass State Police & BPD Ammo

Carrying the same round as your local police would make it difficult for a prosecutor to make the case that you were using super killer bullets...designed to simulate water boarding as they cut your lungs out. [smile]

Thanks. How about the State Police?
Winchester Ranger 165gr SXT.

HGwin_ranger225A.jpg

Paranoia

Carrying the same round as your local police would make it difficult for a prosecutor to make the case that you were using super killer bullets...

Massnee has it exactly correct.

I often wonder what legal jeopardy inadvertently selecting the wrong make and model ammunition for self defense might bring. Could +P be a sign of murderous intent? +P+? Can't be too careful.

Every expert I've heard discuss this issue has basically said "it's not an issue". So long as you use a commercially loaded round, any arguments about the ammo choice can be refuted easily in court and generally makes the prosecutor look like an idiot.

remember that guy (Harold Fish) who got jacked up because he used a killer 10mm round!!! A round that demonstrated the man's murderous intent...a round more deadly than that used by the police.

When Mr. Fish was convicted some members of the the jury indicated that these arguments (Mr. Fish's choice of caliber) made a real impact on their small minds.

10 Years for Harold Fish

Last edited:
remember that guy (Harold Fish) who got jacked up because he used a killer 10mm round!!! A round that demonstrated the man's murderous intent...a round more deadly than that used by the police.

When Mr. Fish was convicted some members of the the jury indicated that these arguments (Mr. Fish's choice of caliber) made a real impact on their small minds.

If you look at the Fish incident in totality the "10mm" canard was just a tiny part of the whole trainwreck of that case. I think the jury was probably more thrown off by the fact that he didn't appear to be able to keep his facts straight, among other things. I feel bad for the guy but I don't think 10mm is what put him in jail.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom