Mass non-res renewal time.

As a result of the new restricitions on non-res licenses I have reworked my previous issuance request and wanted to throw it up to see what you guys think. It goes much further into specifics than my previous statement, and my current license in LTC-A ALP.

I am requesting the issuance of a LTC-A with no restrictions, for all lawful purposes; to buy, sell, use, carry, collect, own and transfer large capacity pistols, rifles and shotguns for use in hunting, sporting, competition, target shooting and personal protection. During the course of my business I often travel to Massachusetts with large sums of cash and valuable equipment. I work both nights and weekends in port areas and fear for my safety. Along with time spent in the state for work, my girlfriend has taken a job and is living in Massachusetts. I wish to be in compliance with the state’s laws and for this reason; I specifically request my license to not be restricted for employment only.

Any suggestions?

Document, document, document. If you make an assertion, back it up with written confirmation. If you claim "employment related", make sure your employer will back you rather than respond with "What? Carry a gun on this job and you're fired!!!".

Issuing authorities that engage in discretionary licensing are more likely to be swayed to your side by accurate claims that are backed up with verifiable documentation than they are with applications that look like the response to an SAT essay question "convince the licensing authority in 200 words or less..."

I am assuming that they have on record somewhere that they approved me for employment reasons last year, and gave me no restricions. What I am desperatly trying to avoid is a "employment only" becuase then I am not complying as soon as I leave a sight and spend the rest of the weekend down there. Im trying to take extra care, since this new round of BS it seems noone is getting non res licenses without restrictions.

I am assuming that they have on record somewhere that they approved me for employment reasons last year, and gave me no restricions.

Assume = Ass/U/Me.

Tell them you are requesting renewal without restriction and that is the status of your current permit. Don't assume the backlogged licensing authority will dig through your paperwork like it's an application packet to Hahvahd.

You are writing a letter to sheep. I think the words "fear for my safety" will not be well-received. While chewing their cud, they will likely think that you have no faith in the law enforcement community to protect your safety and that you are an out of state gunslinger who will shoot at babies if they piss you off...I'd reword if I were you...

I should have added, I keep everything, I photocopy everything. I plan on bringing my packet with me to the interview.

Last time I was on a job, 2am and the cops come by and tell me I shouldnt be there and its not safe AND they wont be coming back...but that was in NY so all I had anyway was a big open-ended wrench.

Back
Top Bottom