• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Legal Glocks: New Gen 4 to have safety

Rumor has it they will be announced at the 2010 Shot Show. How long after that before they would be available (in free states) is anyone's guess.

I really would like to see a G21SF that had RTF and/or interchangeable backstraps.

The .40s and the 9s really don't need it as much. The 21SF is still challenging to get my hands around. Whats weird is the 30SF is significantly easier for me to hold than the 21SF is... go
figure.

-Mike

[
I have researched quite a bit about the supposed "state approved" firearms (Glock is listed as approved) and this so called "AG's list" or whatever which I have found much less info on.

You obviously missed this, though.... This covers the topic in gory, almost excessive, detail:
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37553

Still can't get an answer to a basic question so I will pose it here: Can you or can you not buy a Glock in this stupid state?

The bottom line is, yes, you can buy a Glock in MA. Finding newer ones, however, is likely to be more difficult (and expensive, depending on how impatient you are).

-Mike

I have researched quite a bit about the supposed "state approved" firearms (Glock is listed as approved) and this so called "AG's list" or whatever which I have found much less info on.

Still can't get an answer to a basic question so I will pose it here: Can you or can you not buy a Glock in this stupid state?

This thread is great but does not clear that up for me. I want a Glock 27.

Thank god I have satisfied UT enough that they consider me renting an apt and holding a resident concealed carry permit as being a UT resident. Would have thought they would have made me get a Utah drivers license but nope. Told me to not even bother sending utility bills or anything with the LTC application "just put your UT address on the app, no proof of residency required". And there you have it, I have an in state LTC and the FFL's let me buy handguns there.

I feel bad for those that do not have that option and wonder what I will do when I leave graduate school and may have to go to a non free state for a job[crying]

Answer: Yes the Glock is approved and on the EOPS list, no it is not approved by the AG. AFAIK there is no "AG LIST." although we often refer to it as a list. To my knowledge its just a yes it can be sold or no it can be sold by the AG. You can only buy or transfer a Glock from an FFL if it was manufactured before October 21, 1998. You can buy any year/model Glock on an FA-10 from another MA resident.

Last edited:
To my knowledge its just a yes it can be sold or no it can be sold by the AG.
From my conversations with the owner of one of the largest gun shops in MA, the AG's office never says "yes it can be sold." Either they say nothing, or you get a letter in the mail threatening all kinds of legal action for selling an non-compliant gun, unless, of course, you bend over, take it up the kazoo, and sign this compliance agreement.

From my conversations with the owner of one of the largest gun shops in MA, the AG's office never says "yes it can be sold." Either they say nothing, or you get a letter in the mail threatening all kinds of legal action for selling an non-compliant gun, unless, of course, you bend over, take it up the kazoo, and sign this compliance agreement.

hmm interesting....not exactly sure how it all works but the gist of it was to explain that the AG "list" that some people speak of is non existent. Its confusing to new people. I know when i was first on the board i search for the infamous AG list [laugh]

Answer: Yes the Glock is approved and on the EOPS list, no it is not approved by the AG. AFAIK there is no "AG LIST." although we often refer to it as a list. To my knowledge its just a yes it can be sold or no it can be sold by the AG. You can only buy or transfer a Glock from an FFL if it was manufactured before October 21, 1998. You can buy any year/model Glock on an FA-10 from another MA resident.

It is perfectly legal to buy a new Glock from any dealer. The AG regulations only affect the dealer for selling.

Would the "New York Trigger" qualify as a safety according to their definition?
I didn't realize Glocks were banned in Mass. That is very annoying.

Would the "New York Trigger" qualify as a safety according to their definition?
I didn't realize Glocks were banned in Mass. That is very annoying.

For the short time that a few dealers were selling new Glocks in MA, they had the heavy, obnoxious 10-12 lb trigger. That was not enough to appease the AG at the time...

BTW, Glocks are not "banned" here. Dealers are not supposed to sell them, though, but bear in mind the AG's regulations are only binding against dealers. This is an important distinction to make, because they are otherwise legal to own in MA.

I realize it's tempting to use that term, but it's technically inaccurate.

-Mike

Glad glock isn't going with a external safety button.
The lack of external safety is the best part of a glock.
Its kind of like a hi cap revolver.

What I don't understand is why are Glock's punished due to lack of a loaded chamber indicator, while 1911's such as those from S&W and Para are accepted? The only LCI the S&W has is a peep hole through which one can see the brass. There is enough clearance on Glocks to do the same, even without the newer protruding extractor they now offer.

What I don't understand is why are Glock's punished due to lack of a loaded chamber indicator, while 1911's such as those from S&W and Para are accepted? The only LCI the S&W has is a peep hole through which one can see the brass.
The AG has accepted the ma**h*** as a loaded chamber indicator. It isn't completely clear to anyone other than the AG and Glock specifically why the AG claimed Glocks were non-compliant.

This is precisely correct!

Never has been a gun "approved" by the AG and likely it will never happen.

When the AG objects, letters go out threatening legal action and assessing fines (with no due process available).

The AG has accepted the ma**h*** as a loaded chamber indicator. It isn't completely clear to anyone other than the AG and Glock specifically why the AG claimed Glocks were non-compliant.

I think it is because they are scary looking black guns that are used by bad guys in movies and in rap videos.

-Old magazines will not work. New magazines are required to work in the new guns, but will also work in the old guns. All parts and springs, however, will be forwards and backwards compatible

booo. [angry]

The reason Glock's being "punished" is probably because the former AG who enacted the insane "Safety Act" in the first place, is from Springfield MA. Now, S&W is also from there and they had next to no problem getting their product on the compliant list and out to gun shops. Strange, isn't it.

The reason Glock's being "punished" is probably because the former AG who enacted the insane "Safety Act" in the first place, is from Springfield MA. Now, S&W is also from there and they had next to no problem getting their product on the compliant list and out to gun shops. Strange, isn't it.

As much as I'd like to say there was some greasing going on, no such luck.

The AG's office whined about the M+P, too.

-Mike

Did that quote come from Glocktalk, I don't see the source. I was reading an article last night in Handguns magazine on the 4th gen and they said everything was backwards compatible.

I agree, I cant find it now, but i also read that old mags will fit in the 4th gen. I would be very surprised if they dont

Back
Top Bottom