Mass: Get your mailorder Airsoft While You Can

Although the story says BB gun, if you look at the web sites of the "offenders" it looks like these were airsoft guns.

As I am currently employed in Mass, and therefore paying Mass taxes, it really frosts my nose to see what state funds are spent on...

VT

Judge fines two online retailers selling BB guns to minors

January 4, 2008

BOSTON—A Suffolk Superior Court judge has ordered two online retailers to pay fines and penalties worth $78,500 for selling BB guns and air rifles to Massachusetts minors.
more stories like this

Prosecutors say an undercover sting operation showed Jungle Toy LLC of Chino, California, and Tactical Innovations LLC of Milford, Ohio, sold the toys that look like real guns to a 16-year-old boy in the state.

Massachusetts law bans such sales to people under 18.

In December 2006, the state attorney general's office filed a lawsuit against Jungle Toy, Tactical Innovations and five other online retailers.

The five other retailers settled their cases that month by agreeing to pay a total of $40,000 in penalties and to halt future sales to Massachusetts minors.

Although the story says BB gun, if you look at the web sites of the "offenders" it looks like these were airsoft guns.

As I am currently employed in Mass, and therefore paying Mass taxes, it really frosts my nose to see what state funds are spent on...

VT

You and me both. [thinking]

Great job AG's office. [laugh]

It would be interesting to see what legal theory was used in the defense of these cases, and if the defense attempted to argue an FOB sale did not occur within Massachusetts.

Back
Top Bottom