Mass Culture Shock and Draconian Gun Laws

2/1Marine

NES Member
http://www.corneredcat.com/GunNut/part4.aspx

This is an interesting story posted by a woman and her husband who moved to Mass from Texas and the culture shock they experienced concerning gun rights or should I say the lack of an individuals right to purchase and posess a firearm in MA. I'm sorry if it has been posted before but I did not come across it during my search of the site. Read, Enjoy, Comment.

Here is the story: http://www.corneredcat.com/GunNut/part4.aspx
Their actual blog and web page has some other good pro 2nd Amend stuff

I don't want to sound naive, but it sounds like whatever town she lives in is one of the worst ones. Don't get me wrong, i know Massachusetts is ridiculous, but i don't know that many people who had to go through that amount of BS, and she got it pretty quickly actually (I didn't get my Class A for 10 weeks). I guess my town is one of the easier ones, thank god.

I would say her experience was fairly typical, even light, for Mass. She easily could have gotten a class A ltc with so many restrictions she could only travel to the range and back.

I didn't have to get character reference letters, or belong to a gun club previously before I could apply for the LTC. My main grip was with the time table.

The police department had the facility's to do the picture as well, so that was all done in one day without a hitch.

I needed two non relative references, two written recomendations (non relative), safety class, and 1 letter writte to the chief stateing why I want a license. Pretty typical from what I've heard. Once my step daughter (12 now) is 18 and out of the Newton public schools I am going to move to N.H. and learn what it means to be "free".

I needed two non relative references, two written recomendations (non relative), safety class, and 1 letter writte to the chief stateing why I want a license. Pretty typical from what I've heard. Once my step daughter (12 now) is 18 and out of the Newton public schools I am going to move to N.H. and learn what it means to be "free".

I didn't have to write the letter to the chief either...God i was still annoyed with what i had to do. If i had to go through what you did, I probably would have blown a gasket.

I've always been a fan of the NH solution as well, I spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh NH when i was with my ex. I just need to find a job that would facilitate it for me (not a lot of manufacturing up there from what i've seen).

Thankfully, I live a rather green town, but having lived in FL and NH, it is nothing short of a shock to discover the laws here...

Even having lived here for long while before I bothered to look into it (and thus knowing the relative nanny state that this is), it was a shock...

It's so bad that many (most?) living here don't even realize how bad it is unless they have the perspective of living in another state...

I didn't have to write the letter to the chief either...God i was still annoyed with what i had to do. If i had to go through what you did, I probably would have blown a gasket.

I've always been a fan of the NH solution as well, I spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh NH when i was with my ex. I just need to find a job that would facilitate it for me (not a lot of manufacturing up there from what i've seen).

Not sure if they are hiring, but a few good companies do manufacture in NH. Ruger, SigSauer, and Thompson Center all do some manufacturing up there.

PM incoming.

It's so bad that many (most?) living here don't even realize how bad it is unless they have the perspective of living in another state...

That's the worst part. It's infuriating to see so many gun owners see living in "a green town" as the 2nd Amendment properly applied.

Back
Top Bottom