Maryland Woman Fatally Shot Attacking Husband, Police Say

kiver

NES Member
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,528072,00.html

Maryland Woman Fatally Shot Attacking Husband, Police Say
Monday , June 22, 2009

CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md. —

Prince George's County police say a woman fatally shot her husband after he attacked her at the Capitol Heights duplex where they lived.

Police were called to the home in the 700 block of Capitol Heights Boulevard around 8 a.m. Saturday for a report of a domestic dispute and found 30-year-old Richard Wilson in front of the house with a gunshot wound.

Wilson was taken to a hospital, where police say he died.

Police say Wilson's wife fired the fatal shot and though the circumstances are unclear, the shooting appears to have been in self-defense. Police say Wilson violated an active protective order when he attacked his wife.

Police declined to name the woman, saying she is a victim in the case and has not been charged.

MD's gun laws aren't scrict enough. We need more gun control to stop these types of domestic violence! How dare she defend herself!

Well, that's just one more piece of evidence showing that, above all else, FOX needs better headline writers.

So a restraining order IS an effective deterrant...

So long as it's backed by a gun. [wink]

Actually, that's quite true.

The restraining order leaves a paper trail that shows he's a problem and documents she didn't murder him. He simply committed suicide, at her justified hand.

I'll wager giving her the RO cost the state much less than a trial for her would cost.

I don't understand why she isn't being charged. There obviously no need to shoot him, since she had a restraining order to keep her safe. Definitely an uncalled for over-reaction on her part, resulting in a tragic and unnecessary death. [rolleyes]

And, yes, they definitely ciould use some better headline writers.

Ken

I bet that the antis will spin this to say "See, she used the gun to kill a family member, not some stranger in her house in the middle of the night"...

I bet that the antis will spin this to say "See, she used the gun to kill a family member, not some stranger in her house in the middle of the night"...

Unfortunately it will go down in the statistics as someone shot and killed by a family member which the anti's like to flount "that family members are more likely to be victims of shooting than strangers." Odd, how the facts can be twisted around...

Mark056

Okay then. Let’s say that a couple or just simple friends get into a big fight, one of them (person A) starts to get sick and tired of the other (person B). The time pass by and person A start again the fights with person B, but this time person A knows exactly what he/she is doing, so person A go ahead and put a restringing order against person B. Are you guys following me? Okay then. In everyone’s eyes, person B is a douche bag and a very bad person, so bad that person A has to put a restringing order against person B. Now person B can’t believe all the crap that it is going on and try to forget about it and get back with his/her life. Time pass by and person A has an idea about how to kill person B and get out as the victim and free of charges, so person A calls up to person B and apologize about the whole incident and tells person B no to worry about anything because is going to take care of everything in the morning. At the same time person A invites person B to his/her house for breakfast in order to show his/her good intentions telling to person B that after breakfast both of them will go to the police and settle the problem. Person B, thinks that person A is acting reasonable and accepts the invite. Person B knocks on person A’s door at 8am all happy that the whole nightmare is about to end, but as soon as person A opens the door, person A shoots person B. Now everyone will say that they knew that person B was a bad person and deserved what happens. End of the story.

There is always two sides of the story, just remember that.

Ish.

Unfortunately it will go down in the statistics as someone shot and killed by a family member which the anti's like to flount "that family members are more likely to be victims of shooting than strangers." Odd, how the facts can be twisted around...

Mark056

Of course that doesn't take into account that it's someone you know that you're more likely going to have to PROTECT yourself against [laugh]

Talk about 'gun as the great equalizer'. This is a perfect example of WHY guns are needed. You figure the guy was bigger and stronger then she was. Unarmed or even armed with some sort of hand weapon, she's at a severe disadvantage and is likely to have been beaten if not killed by this guy. Thanks to the gun, she's alive and he's no longer a threat. I don't know why we don't have MORE feminists on our side then we do.

Time pass by and person A has an idea about how to kill person B and get out as the victim and free of charges, so person A calls up to person B and apologize about the whole incident and tells person B no to worry about anything because is going to take care of everything in the morning. At the same time person A invites person B to his/her house for breakfast in order to show his/her good intentions telling to person B that after breakfast both of them will go to the police and settle the problem.

That's a simple case of terminal stupidity.

Of course that doesn't take into account that it's someone you know that you're more likely going to have to PROTECT yourself against [laugh]

Talk about 'gun as the great equalizer'. This is a perfect example of WHY guns are needed. You figure the guy was bigger and stronger then she was. Unarmed or even armed with some sort of hand weapon, she's at a severe disadvantage and is likely to have been beaten if not killed by this guy. Thanks to the gun, she's alive and he's no longer a threat. I don't know why we don't have MORE feminists on our side then we do.

"No matter what his strength or size,
Depend on me, I equalize."

That used to be inscribed on the grip of a handgun back in the late 1800's. I've forgotten which company, and my web-fu must be weak because I couldn't find any reference. Just as true now as it was back then. [grin]

That's a simple case of terminal stupidity.
It could be a case of terminal stupidity for you and in your state. It is a normal case on regular basics in the State of Texas and the State of Florida. You should read a little more about your country because USA and the World in general it is a little bigger than our neighborhood, our friends and family or our State. Ish.

Ish, I've lived in Texas for 2 plus years.

Got a pile of friends all over the country, pretty good ones at that. Yeah, I pay pretty close attention to what goes on, and, check where I live. Not all that much different than Texas or Florida, unlike the state south of me (where most of y'all live).

Of course, you didn't know that.

I meant Terminal Stupidity in the context that somebody under the thumb of an RO is pretty damned stupid to go meet with the person being protected. Worst case scenario is getting shot, best case scenario is nothing, very probable outcome is being set up to get busted.

If he was invited and went, that's what some of us call Terminal Stupidity, as he was dumb enough to go into the situation.

Sorry for the confusion, but I was not talking at all about this case in particular because I have no idea about it and I don’t know her neither I knew him. I was talking in general and to be honest I have been in around 50 countries of the 198 countries around the World and I seem more bizarre things than I wanted too. And yes, you are right when you call this thing terminal stupidity, but remember that no everyone is or thinks as the rest of us do.

When I wrote the example, I wrote it because I know at least of 8 cases in which one party trick the other party in one way or another and someone ends dead. Let me tell you what happened to a very good friend of mine up in NY: My friend was at work as everyday working his ass off in order to provide for his family (wife and son). In the mean time, his wife found another guy and between both of them made a plan in order to get my friend out of the picture. They were not talking about killing him, but just get him far away from them. One day my friend went back home after a long day at work and as soon as he went inside his home he started to hear his wife yelling on the second floor of his house: “Please no, please no, let me alone, I didn’t do anything, why are you doing this to me?” Obviously my friend as well as the 100% in this forum (I hope) went upstairs to find the door of the room close. His wife was still screaming inside the room, so my friend kicked the door down to find that only his wife was inside the room with the telephone on her hands. 5 minutes later my friend was arrested for domestic violence just because his wife made a false call to the police as soon as she saw my friend getting inside the house. At the end, the police thanks to my friend’s 4 years old son found the truth and arrested her 3 months later. Now, imagine for a second that instead of that, my friend’s wife at the time just went and shot him dead. No one will ever found the truth unless my friend’s son say something and even like that with him dead it will be difficult to prove it.

By the way I live in Florida and I see cases like that more often that I would like to.

Ish.

Now, there's one that doesn't fall under terminal stupidity, as he couldn't have seen it coming.

Yup, somebody under an RO getting baited in should know better, though, and the case this thread is about, the guy had an RO already.

Okay then. Let’s say that a couple or just simple friends get into a big fight, one of them (person A) starts to get sick and tired of the other (person B). The time pass by and person A start again the fights with person B, but this time person A knows exactly what he/she is doing, so person A go ahead and put a restringing order against person B. Are you guys following me? Okay then. In everyone’s eyes, person B is a douche bag and a very bad person, so bad that person A has to put a restringing order against person B. Now person B can’t believe all the crap that it is going on and try to forget about it and get back with his/her life. Time pass by and person A has an idea about how to kill person B and get out as the victim and free of charges, so person A calls up to person B and apologize about the whole incident and tells person B no to worry about anything because is going to take care of everything in the morning. At the same time person A invites person B to his/her house for breakfast in order to show his/her good intentions telling to person B that after breakfast both of them will go to the police and settle the problem. Person B, thinks that person A is acting reasonable and accepts the invite. Person B knocks on person A’s door at 8am all happy that the whole nightmare is about to end, but as soon as person A opens the door, person A shoots person B. Now everyone will say that they knew that person B was a bad person and deserved what happens. End of the story.

There is always two sides of the story, just remember that.

Ish.

Hmm, that really makes me think, but I do think it is unlikely. If this was the case, the man should have told her to withdraw the restraining order then talk. Of course as Nickle said, the guy could have been stupid enough to fall for it! [rofl] A review of phone records and email could help clear up the possibility of communication between the two involved.

TomH, you know, all of us in one way or another think that we are so smart and so good that nobody can’t touch us, but when the shit hits the fan, we all say:”Holy shit, I didn’t see that coming and so on” it is the same thing when we see a boxing match or a shooting match and so forth “Man you need to do this, you need to do that”. It is very easy to see everyone’s errors when they do it, but the truth is that we are seeing them from the outside. Let me tell you, it is a very different thing to see it from the inside. We all are humans and all of as (yes, all of us) got screwed on the pass or we will be screw on the future. You know, nobody is superman here and all of us do stupid things when we less need it.

Ish.

Back
Top Bottom