Marlboro Hamfest?

Hamfest? I could eat.
edit: Ohhhh that kind of Hamfest with the radios and such. Dont do that to me around lunchtime [smile]
Was getting all excited til I realized I was in the HAM radio forums..

Last edited:
We should have a simplex freq. for NES members, we could also get a table to share if anybody has anything to sell, with a table you get two people in at 6:30am instead of having to wait until 9am. It's well worth the $20 to get in on the pre flea dealer pricing and trading that goes on before it opens to the public :)

If there's anyone around the North Attleboro area that wants to carpool up, I might be interested in going...

ETA: Looks like I found a buddy that might be able to head up there with me...he just got home from his second tour in Afghanistan...and while he was there, picked up a few radios...and just got his General Saturday.

Last edited:
We should have a simplex freq. for NES members, we could also get a table to share if anybody has anything to sell, with a table you get two people in at 6:30am instead of having to wait until 9am. It's well worth the $20 to get in on the pre flea dealer pricing and trading that goes on before it opens to the public :)

Plan to go - will be my first.
Can call out on Marlborough (147.270) or Paxton repeaters...

Tim
KQ1Y

I'm up for a Simplex that might be less crowded than the repeaters so we can find everyone.

I'll need to write down everyone's call so I know who to look for.

OK, Here is the plan. The simplex freq will be 147.555 SIMPLEX, if you guys want we can run a PL of 100 but you do not have to. The doors open at 9am so I think we should have an hourly gathering at the HOT DOG STAND at 10am, 11am and Noon. Wear something GUN related or an NES tag, hat, shirt, whatever. I will most likely be set up and have a table so I will place some type of an NES placard on the table in plain view. Hope to see you guys there and will be available on 147.555 to help any newbies with questions and suggestions. If you don't have a radio borrow one and call me on the simplex freq. If you call W1OBQ I'll answer.

Algonquin Amateur Radio Club <<<<<LINK
Marlborough, MA
FLEA MARKETSaturday, February 19, 2011
Marlborough 1Lt Charles W.
Whitcomb School
(Same location - formerly Intermediate
/Middle School)
25 Union St. or
off Bolton St. (Rt. 85)
Marlborough, Massachusetts

Last edited:
Are you KB1CFR? That's too funny. I went with a Vanity of W1CFR

Oops, I remembered you got the perfect call for yourself but forgot it was a really cool 1x3 call instead of starting with KB1...

I'd love to go to Marlboro, but there's nothing I really need and my club in Gloucester is giving code classes Saturday morinings. My son and I are trying to remove the "no code" prefix from our names[smile].

Oops, I remembered you got the perfect call for yourself but forgot it was a really cool 1x3 call instead of starting with KB1...

I'd love to go to Marlboro, but there's nothing I really need and my club in Gloucester is giving code classes Saturday morinings. My son and I are trying to remove the "no code" prefix from our names[smile].

LOL!! Yea...I got the cool call.

I don't need anything either...but I just want to check it out.

Any pointers to what to expect at the flea market - I was going to head up to HRO this week, but maybe I should wait until after Saturday.

I'm looking for a Heil mic setup for my HF rig and an antenna analyzer - or is the flea market old, used stuff?

Thanks
Tim
KQ1Y

Any pointers to what to expect at the flea market - I was going to head up to HRO this week, but maybe I should wait until after Saturday.

I'm looking for a Heil mic setup for my HF rig and an antenna analyzer - or is the flea market old, used stuff?

Thanks
Tim
KQ1Y

The flea is mostly old used stuff. It's still worth the trip. You'll see a lot of things there you didn't know you needed until you saw them[smile]

Thanks
Tim
KQ1Y

I upgraded my license at this flea last year. I walked through the show and there was a little of everything. If I recall correctly the new items were more of the uhf and vhf variety. I would say it would be worth walking through there before you head up to HRO. I'm planning on heading over there sometime in the early afternoon on Saturday.

I used to pretend I was a train engineer does that count?
Whats your second guess lol

Well, you could have a photographic memory like my son, who at the age of 11 passed his Tech, then 2 weeks later got his General just by spending many hours with the on-line test generators and remembering the correct answers.

Still, I'm gonna guess you have a strong electronics background: private industry as a technician or you are military trained.

Well, you could have a photographic memory like my son, who at the age of 11 passed his Tech, then 2 weeks later got his General just by spending many hours with the on-line test generators and remembering the correct answers.

Still, I'm gonna guess you have a strong electronics background: private industry as a technician or you are military trained.

At my age my memory is anything but photographic...
Electronics has always been a hobby, I was studying for my ticket about 30yrs ago but life (read X wife) got in the way so I finally decided to finish what I started then.

Getting ready to head out and do an errand or two...then picking up a buddy and we're heading up.

We're both going to have our radios with us...so we'll see you there. I'm looking for a few Baluns, but who knows what else I'll find.

Pretty good show for me.

I picked up a few things
1) Astron 25A Power supply
2) MFJ Antenna Tuner(941 model)
3) (2) Sirius "demo units" lifetime activated sirus units, that u don't have to pay for a monthly fee with.

I was going to grab a G5RV, but the prices online are so much cheaper then they were at the show, I couldn't comfortably buy at the show.

Pretty good show for me.

I picked up a few things
1) Astron 25A Power supply
2) MFJ Antenna Tuner(941 model)
3) (2) Sirius "demo units" lifetime activated sirus units, that u don't have to pay for a monthly fee with.

I was going to grab a G5RV, but the prices online are so much cheaper then they were at the show, I couldn't comfortably buy at the show.

Did you track down the person who left that item on top of their car?

I picked up am MC50 mic and a dummy load and my general ticket. Passed the tech and general with 100s but missed the advanced by 2.

Hey, congrats on the General ticket - and don't get out of the study mode - you'll get Extra easily next time around [grin]

I picked up a 900MHz transceiver, wanted to play on 900 for a while.

Tim
KQ1Y

Back
Top Bottom