Mark III & Remington 22 Bulk Pack

I didn't want to jack the thread on the SR22 and feeding issues/lube. In there, it seems that people don't like the Remington bulk in their Mark II/III etc?

The first round when closing the slide almost always gets hung up on the feed ramp. I have to angle it up in the magazine for it to feed. I thought something was going screwy with the Mark III, but now that I think about it, I often used Federal bulk in the past without many issues. If I eject a remington round from the chamber that wasn't fired, you can see on the nose of the round where it impacted the ramp. I take it this is common?

For some reason, after the first round, the rest usually feed fine.

For what its worth, I've never had a problem with ANY .22 in my MKI. And I've shot just about everything.

Although Remington Thunderbolts seem to work the best/be the most accurate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Is the gun new, or just new to you?
How many magazines do you own? Does this happen on all of them?
Does this happen if you only put nine rounds into the magazine? or six?

If you were to find some other person shooting some different 22LR at your range, and swapped a dozen rounds with them, you could see if it's the Remington ammo. I know that hollow point rounds don't load as smoothly on my Ruger. I haven't polished the ramp yet, but that's one of the recommended courses of action.

I read about the same type of issue over on RimfireCentral.com. Here's a pic. You might see if your first round is tipped up a little - it works better.

When my MKIII was brand spankin' new, it took about a whole brick of rounds until it was functioning properly. What happened with mine, and I believe many others' guns, was that some of the ejecting shells were getting caught on the recoil spring guide rod and not letting them fly free. Since those initial "break in" rounds, my gun has eaten anything I throw at it. Of course, I haven't tried Remington bulk .22's because I just don't want to. [wink]

I've had the gun since new. Only recently an issue, but I probably used Federal for the most part earlier on and never had to pay attention to how I loaded it. Next time I head to the range I will try Federal again and see if I have to fiddle with how I load it, or if they function properly.

The picture linked above is how it has to be for it to work.

Back
Top Bottom