Manville USPSA this coming weekend

I'll be there, and I'll be bringing 4 brand new shooters with me to give USPSA shooting a try. Go easy on them please.

-Cuz.

If anyone happens to have Mooney's cell number or speaks to him, could you let him know not to worry about bringing his truck for the trailer.

I will bring a truck with a ball.

He's off camping so I figured e-mailing would not get to him.

Thanks.

What time does Manville start? 9? 9:30? 10? Nothing about start time on the uspsa-ne site. It's nice to know the April Manville championship will be awarded but it would be even better to know what time to be there. [smile]

Thanks,
-Nat

It was a great match! Weather was wonderful!

The only thing that sucked was my shooting! [grin]

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that came out today, we must have had a record attendance today. I think my squad had 25+ shooters.

It was a great day for a match

no mike, we had in excess of 80 something shooters like 6 or 7 years ago
so no record
but the scores arent getting finished tonight, i'm giving up, this is taking way too long
i'll get them done tomorrow night during the celtics game
so, if you're a bulls fan, you lose

I was pretty freaked out at the size of our squad to begin the match but to be honest it ran incredibly smooth. They did a great job taping, brassing, and turning over shooters.

There might have been larger matches at Manville in the past but I doubt they were held with almost 80 shooters on only 3 pits. It was a little claustrophobic at time. Next week at New Bedford is going to feel great with 5pits!

Yeah, I think we had 32 shooters, or something like that in my squad, with a GREAT mix of experience and fresh new guys....

Thanks for all the help, wish my shooting went better, but- ya know....that's what happens when you leave a camping trip/ family reunion to shoot- you never know how you'll feel.... Hope my stage wasn't too rough on everyone else, I know I bombed it. Nothing like getting lost on a stage you set up.

The biggest match I remember at Manville was one of my first there, and I think it was a classifier match, with a TON of people on three little shooting bays.

Steve, thanks for bringing the truck- the trailer would have looked pretty goofy duct-taped to the bumper of the wife's car.

GTOShootr:

25 shooters have requested to be squaded with the current USPSA Open division A class champion at the NB match next week so they can be close to you. They say they will tape and brass and that they would like to turn you over because they heard you're freaky. That OK with you?

Last edited:
and i bet a lot more shooters will want to be squaded with the so old he's almost a senior April match champion, who wins the fabulous prize of: absolutely nothing.
congratulations ScottB

the scores are done, but i'm having a problem posting them to the uspsa-ne website that says I must be using microsoft internet explorer to log in, when i'm using, microsoft internet explorer.
computers, you can't argue with them, and i'm not shooting it.
yet.

Thanks to everyone who helped run this match. You guys did a great job. With the squads as big as they were it went as well as it could have. We had a person per tartget to tape with extras to spare! I had so many awesome shooters on my squad... such a humbling experience.

25 shooters have requested to be squaded with the current USPSA Open division A class champion at the NB match next week so they can be close to you. They say they will tape and brass and that they would like to turn you over because they heard you're freaky. That OK with you?

I'm wishing you 130 shooters for Sunday.

Our squad was huge just like all of them. Too bad we had many deserters on the last stage.

Yes, and thank you for sticking it out with us (that's why you were nearly the last shooter.....keeping you hostage....) on our squad. Your help is highly appreciated.

Anyone know anything about Manville shutting down USPSA there?

I help with a stage there and haven't heard that. We had 77 participants come to the match last month. The program is as popular as ever. It would be a shame and negative blow to shooters in the area to end that momentum, especially when we need to promote shooting sports as much as possible these days.

Probably just a rumor, by all means come out and shoot with us.

It was looking pretty ugly on the way to the match today... pouring rain and I couldn't stop yawning the whole way. But the shooting Gods helped out... hardly a drop during the entire match. What a great time today... thanks to everyone that helped run this match. I really liked the long stages- really neat designs.

Funny thing was- the whole match almost didn't even count. Somehow my time was missing from stage 4... Steve told me to finish up on stage 3 and go shoot it again!! When I got there- they had almost started to break it down! Yikes.

I still can't understand how I bust ass on the field courses and don't do as well as I do on the classifiers. It felt like I shot today's classifier in slow motion... but it turned out to be a good percentage for me.

Thanks again.

Nice meeting you today. Thanks to all that set up and worked hard for us to enjoy the day.

See you at R&G club of New Bedford.

Gary

Venturing into Limited and Lovin it [smile]

Nice meeting you too! I enjoyed shooting all the stages and meeting more shooters. I will definitely be putting this match on my monthly "to do" list :)

If nothing comes up, I'll be driving to New Bedford next Sunday, see ya'll then!

Diana

I will definitely be putting this match on my monthly "to do" list :)

Diana

Happy to have you. My monthly to do list includes the scores, which are done!
and up at uspsa-ne.org

(there will be a correction later this week as I am missing one score sheet, it will not change any winners)

congratulations to me!
Ouch, hurt my arm patting myself on the back.

Back
Top Bottom