• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

manville 2015?

First, for anyone who didn't see any matches even posted last year, you get failure to engage penalties because they were on the calendar in 2014, earlier then normal even because I was pestered about it. Nothing was listed on the clubs website for I have no idea why, but no one who shoots the circuit pays attention to club sites anyway.

now that that's cleared up...
Yes,
I couldn't commit to April due to an impending death in the family, so never requested the date from the club, or scheduled it due to not knowing when I would need to travel.
For May to September, I need the input of the people who actually show up and help, and those who shoot the matches if they want them this year.
I've been asked to limit our use of the ranges to 2 ranges only, therefore, the only way I can see us running anything that would be marginally worth you all driving to, and being there for not an unreasonable amount of time (anytime after 1 is unreasonable), is to have a small stage, probably 12 rounds or less, or fast 8 reload 8 stages, followed by that stage integrated into another one which may get you 28 to 30 rounds for the stage. keeping in mind the set up limitations of how far from the back berm I can set targets and bullets to impact the rear berm, this limits a lot of stage design. It also makes clean up really easy.
what else does it mean?
it would be most efficient to run shooters hot, so basically, you would shoot pretty much once, then probably wait (by waiting I mean walking around picking up brass, resetting steel and taping targets) for 2 to 3.5 hours (if you went first, on stage 1/2, and last on 3/4 that would be the longest) before you got to shoot again.

so to the people who actually show up, especially those who show up around 730 to help me and stay till the end, do you want this format? or would you rather save your money, gas and time and practice at your home range? and shoot probably more than 70 rounds.
if you say no, you won't hurt my feelings, i have a house to renovate, and that would probably mean it gets done sooner.

Thanks for running the show at Manville for at least as long as I have been shooting. (I started in 2010 )
Matt If you are in it for another season, I'm with ya.
I more often than not get there early to help with setup any way I can.

Honestly the format you described sounds like it will suck.

I hope you don't feel a need to proceed with matches this season just because some shooting is better than no shooting. The die-hards will drive to Pelham, I believe their matches will fall on the same Sundays.

FWIW, Monson used to do 2 stages in one pit for a while, and it worked out well. Of course, they didn't have the restriction of only using the rear berm, but they were able to have a small stage, large stage setup in each pit.

Last edited:
If the matches fall on dates that I can shoot, I will be glad to help out. Maybe running a special classifier match would make sense with 2 classifiers in each pit and the ability to shoot more than one class during the day. Maybe even break out an XDm for Production! Just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops! Sorry, Sean....Division,) My bad.

Thanks Matt for trying to get Manville on the calendar, hopefully there will be enough interest to shoot this season.
I would definitely like to help out, but with an infant and toddler while at the same time trying to finish an addition to my house (which is a lot more work than I though) I cannot commit 100% at this time, but hopefully I will be able to at least make it to some of the matches.

Matt, although I haven't been to Manville in quite a while due to my ankle injury, I do need to take a moment and recognize you for the yeoman's job you have done over the past several years running the USPSA program there pretty much single-handedly and against the negative forces at the club. Besides being a VERY talented shooter, you have proven your dedication to the sport beyond any doubt.

No one could say a single negative word if you finally took a well deserved rest and simply shot matches rather than putting them on.

Come on up to Hopkinton for a match soon and your match fee will be on me.

Bradford have already registered as an IDPA club and they might be starting up USPSA as well, but that will depend on how much interest there is.

Have made it up to Manville a few times to shoot and have always had a great time. It's about an hour drive for me and not getting out of work until 730am I can;t make it there to set up but always hung around to break down. I would still drive up to shoot.

Would love it if Bradford started USPSA as it would be less of a drive than Hopkinton, Monson, Rockville or Manville where I drive now.

Last edited:
I was hoping to start some USPSA matches there this summer. I'd help setup / breakdown for a classifier match - makes the low round count worth it. Otherwise I'll probably make the trek to Pelham.

Bradford have already registered as an IDPA club and they might be starting up USPSA as well, but that will depend on how much interest there is.

That is very interesting. I thought they didn't have enough land to shoot anything but shotgun. In the "good old days" they were using borrowed land for centerfire/rimfire and unwisely chose not to purchase the "borrowed" land. From what I heard this land was eventually sold, limiting Bradford to shotgun only. I would love to see Bradford active again, if only to get Mike Jake off of his ass and back into IPSC. Last time we spoke he was shooting shotgun only.

First Pelham and now maybe Bradford, what's next Piscataqua in Greenland NH ? The old clubs are rising from the grave! I miss all of them.

It can't be that small.
Q. What facilities does Bradford Sportsmen Club have?
A. Bradford Sportsmen Club has (2) Lighted Skeet Fields , (1) Lighted Trap Field, (1 ) Lighted 5 Stand Field with 18 Traps, (5) Pistol Ranges, (1) 300 Yd. Rifle Range, (1) 3D Bow Course, (2) Club Houses

Fred,
Bradford now has the club across the street from where we used to shoot. They have a 300 yard range, skeet fields, sporting clays and pistol pits.

Fred,
Bradford now has the club across the street from where we used to shoot. They have a 300 yard range, skeet fields, sporting clays and pistol pits.

Wow! I thought they had been reduced to shotgun only. Good news.

Back
Top Bottom