STEEL CHALLENGE MATCH - Harvard Sportsmen's Club - October 17, 2015

PMD

STEEL CHALLENGE MATCH - Harvard Sportsmen's Club
Saturday, October 17, 2015

SHOOTER'S MEETING: 9:15am
START TIME: 9:30am squadded

Categories:
Pistol Open, Pistol Iron, Production, Revolver Open, Revolver Iron, Rimfire Pistol Open, Rimfire Pistol Iron, Rimfire Rifle Open, Rimfire Rifle Iron.

Main match $15.00 (first gun) -
Fun Run (2nd gun if time permits after Main match) $5.00 .
Juniors (18 and under) shoot first gun for free - 2nd gun $5.00 (All competitors 18 and under must be accompanied by their parent or guardian throughout the competition).

Five Stages:

Speed Option
Roundabout
Five to Go
Accelerator
Smoke & Hope

General Principles:

Steel Challenge scoring is simple: your time is your score!
Each stage consists of five targets, commonly referred to as plates. Four are standard plates, and the fifth is designated as the stop plate.
Each of the standard targets must be hit at least once before hitting the stop plate, and the time stops when the stop plate is hit. Competitors may fire as many rounds as they deem necessary for each string of fire. The worst string on each stage will be thrown out, and the total of the remaining times will be competitor’s score for that stage. All stages will be shot five times with the exception of "Outer Limits" which will be shot four times.
The maximum time allowed for an individual string is 30 seconds.

For complete Rules and stage layouts please go here: http://www.steelchallenge.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***NOTE***

*HSC is a COLD RANGE: All firearms will be kept UNLOADED except on the firing line under the direct supervision of a Match Officials.
*Gun handling at Safe tables only and must be brought to the firing line in a holster or case.
*Eye and ear protection is required for all shooters and spectators.
*Holsters: In general, holsters shall be mounted in the general vicinity of the waist, must cover the trigger, and must safely hold/retain the gun. All Centerfire handguns must be appropriate for holster use.
*HSC will allow "Low Ready" starts for Centerfire handguns (2 seconds added per run)
*Rimfire competition does not involve the use of a holster
*Each competitor is expected to come to the firing line ready to shoot, with an appropriate amount of ammunition in an appropriate number of magazines or speed-loaders or other loading devices.
*Minimum cartridge for centerfire competitions (38 Special, 9X19).
*Rimfire firearms must be .22 Long Rifle (.22LR) only
*Any ammunition deemed unsafe or likely to damage the targets will be removed from use
*Any standard plate which has not been hit before the stop plate will count as a Miss. Each Miss on a standard plate will result in a 3 (three) second penalty, added to the shooter’s time for that string.
*If the stop plate is not hit, the score for that string is 30 seconds

For Club information and directions:
http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com

In as I'm actually around town this weekend! Thanks, Paul. [smile]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Thanks, Dave. I think the wind was taking my 36gr .22LRs a little to the left today! That's my excuse and I'm stickin' with it . . . [rofl]

And special thanks to Paul D. et al. for the great season of Steel Challenge this year. Let's do it all again real soon, ok? [smile]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank

A special thanks to Paul and Mike you guys are the BEST and run a very professional match... and yes to all the volunteers, SOs, ASOs, painters and shooters what a great finish to a Steel Challenge year at Harvard.

Thanks, Dave. I think the wind was taking my 36gr .22LRs a little to the left today! That's my excuse and I'm stickin' with it . . . [rofl]

And special thanks to Paul D. et al. for the great season of Steel Challenge this year. Let's do it all again real soon, ok? [smile]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank

Maybe its those new fangled contact lenses?

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank

Not bad, Frank. Not bad at all.

The excuse, I mean. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom