Man shoots friend with powderless 22lr with full consent; now faces 10 years in jail

doobie

Banned
December 29th 2008
Gun Control = People Control

Gun Prohibitionists want more than our guns, they lust to control our every action. Want proof?

Have we really (already) come to the point where two consenting, if perhaps foolish adults indulging in relatively harmless horse play - finish up with one being set up by law enforcement in New Jersey to face a prison term of ten - yes TEN years!!?

Where does lunacy stop, and when do we stop it dead in its tracks, using our rights to reclaim our liberty ?

When is enough, simply too much?

Yeah it was stupid. No one died, no one is servely injured. 10 years for a consensual act of stupidity?

Last edited:
If Mr. Bonar is free pending appeal he should go commit some 10-year felonies now, so that he can feel he got the most from his ten year sentence.

hmm, I play airsoft games competitively quite a bit... I wonder if the future of this is that I will be detained because I pointed and fired a thing that looks quite a bit like a gun, at a person.

in all seriousness, the guy's were idiots for doing it, but it was consented to. and I have probably gotten worse damage from a pellet gun when I was a kid. I wonder if someone would face similar charges if a simunissions round left a decent dent.

Friend of mine once wanted to show me that getting shot with a BB gun wouldn't hurt. Even offered to shoot at the thick vibram sole of my boot. I refused.

This, BTW, was in New Jersey back in the 70's.

The Super Colibri is the round that I was using at my Lodge turkey shoot. They are pretty wimpy... and I still wouldn't want to get shot with them. Every shooter wore ear & eye protection. But hey... if someone asks you to shoot them, you ARE free to say no... Still should be a non-starter for pressing charges, though.

pointing of a dangerous weapon with extreme indifference to the value of
human life

This sounds like an uber 'catch all'. Like, if I was at dinner and I gestured toward someone else at the table with a knife in my hands, I would apparently be a felon.

Always revert to rule #1...

Say nothing to anyone about anything 'bad'.

how old are (were) they?

kids and adults are mentioned in that letter...

they are two dumbasses IMO. if a friend asked me to point and shoot anything at him (her), i'd probably punch em in the face and NOT hang out with them anymore.

The states case leans purely on the firearms portion and does have merit, regardless of the level of consent. The state could also attempt other angles for the prosecution of Bonar with reckless endangerment or negligence, but they have a slam dunk with the firearms laws already on the books.

Tough call.

Well, one things for sure they should not be allowed to play with guns anymore.

I believe it to be so in every state that one cannot legally consent to an battery by means of a deadly weapon.

Back
Top Bottom